- Press Release
- Oct 1, 2022
Building Blocks to Mars – AIAA Space 2014
At this years AIAA Space 2014 conference a panel of experts from NASA and industry discussed the building blocks of to Mars.
The panel discussion: The first step on a path of exploration that will lead to human landings on Mars will be taken in the coming months with the Exploration Flight Test 1 of Orion on a Delta IV Heavy rocket. After that, Orion and Space Launch System will begin a series of exploration missions that will lead to human journeys to Mars. As a capabilities-driven framework, these systems will enable a variety of potential paths to the Red Planet.
Moderator: Sandra H. Magnus, Executive Director, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
– Steve Creech, Space Launch System Spacecraft/Payload Integration & Evolution Deputy Manager, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
– Charlie Lundquist, Crew and Service Module Manager, Orion Program, NASA Johnson Space Center
– Garry Lyles, Space Launch System Chief Engineer, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
– Larry Price, Deputy Program Manager, Orion, Lockheed Martin
– Harley Thronson, Senior Scientist for Advanced Concepts, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center