- Press Release
- Sep 25, 2022
Human Exploration Framework Team Presentation Online
Human Exploration Framework Team (HEFT) DRM Refiew – Phase 1 Closeout – Steering Council September 2 2010 (download 6.6 mb PDF)
“Summary of Phase I
– Developed an investment portfolio that strikes a balance of new developments, technology, and operational programs with an eye towards a new way of exploring.
– Created a point of departure DRM that is flexible and can evolve over time to support multiple destinations with the identified systems.
– Identified a minimum subset of elements needed to conduct earlier beyond LEO missions.
– Infused key technology developments that should begin in earnest and identified gaps which should help inform additional technology prioritization over and above the NEO focused DRM.
– Costed the DRM using traditional costing methodologies.
– Determined alternative development options are required to address the cost and schedule shortfalls.”