- Status Report
- Mar 19, 2023
Space Shuttle Status Report 20 Apr 2000
SHUTTLE STATUS REPORT
THURSDAY, APRIL 20, 2000 (12:30 p.m. EDT)
- VEHICLE: Atlantis/OV-104
- LOCATION: Launch Pad 39A
- TARGET KSC LAUNCH DATE/TIME: April 24, 2000 at about 4:15 p.m.
- TARGET KSC LANDING DATE/TIME: May 4, 2000 at about 12:42 p.m.
- LAUNCH WINDOW: 5 minutes
- MISSION DURATION: 9 days, 20 hours and 27 minutes
- CREW: Halsell, Horowitz, Weber, Williams, Voss, Helms, Usachev
- ORBITAL ALTITUDE and INCLINATION: 173 nautical miles/51.6 degrees
Shuttle Processing Note: Workers at Launch Pad 39A continue to process Shuttle Atlantis toward an April 24 launch date at about 4:15 p.m. Orbiter aft engine compartment close-outs are ongoing and should be complete tomorrow afternoon. External tank purge operations are in work today. Tomorrow, SPACEHAB late stow activities will occur.
The flight crew is slated to arrive at KSC’s Shuttle Landing Facility tomorrow at about 3 p.m. The STS-101 launch countdown begins tomorrow at 7 p.m. at the T-43 hour mark. Preliminary weather forecasts indicate generally favorable weather conditions for a launch on Monday.
Flight crew arrival at KSC – April 21 at 3 p.m.
SPACEHAB late stow complete – April 21
Launch countdown begins – April 21 at 7 p.m.
Orbiter aft compartment close-outs complete – April 21
Information about the countdown and mission can be accessed electronically via the Internet at: http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/countdown/ and at http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/