- Status Report
- Feb 6, 2023
Space Shuttle Processing Status 21 Jan 2003
MISSION STS-107 -SPACEHAB/ FREESTAR MICROGRAVITY RESEARCH MISSION
- VEHICLE – Columbia/OV-102
- LAUNCH DATE: Jan. 16, 2003
- LAUNCH TIME: 10:39 a.m. EST
- TARGET LANDING DATE: Feb. 1, 2003 at 9:17 a.m. EST
- MISSION DURATION: 16 days
- CREW: Husband, McCool, Anderson, Chawla, Brown, Clark, Ramon
- ORBITAL INSERTION ALTITUDE AND INCLINATION: 150 nautical miles/39 degrees
Shuttle Processing Note: Shuttle Columbia with a seven-member crew lifted
off from Pad 39-A Jan. 16 at 10:39 a.m. During the SPACEHAB microgravity
research mission, the crew will perform more than 80 experiments involving
more than 70 scientists worldwide.
Solid Rocket Booster retrieval ships Liberty Star and Freedom Star returned
to Hangar AF at Cape Canaveral with the two spent boosters over the weekend.
Initial data indicates the Solid Rocket Boosters performed nominally.
At the pad, early inspections show that the pad sustained no unusual damage
from the launch.
MISSION STS-114 — 17TH ISS FLIGHT (ULF1) – CREW ROTATION/MULTI-PURPOSE LOGISTICS MODULE
- VEHICLE: Atlantis/OV-104
- TARGET LAUNCH DATE: March 1, 2003
- TARGET LANDING DATE: March 13, 2003
- MISSION DURATION: 12 days
- SHUTTLE CREW: Collins, Kelly, Noguchi, Robinson
- ISS EXPEDITION CREW 7: Malenchenko, Kaleri, Lu
- ORBITAL ALTITUDE AND INCLINATION: 122 nautical miles, 51.6 degrees
Shuttle Processing Note: Technicians in the processing facility continue to
prepare Atlantis for its March launch to the International Space Station.
Orbiter Maneuvering System/Reaction Control System electrical redundancy
checkout is in work. Payload bay closeouts are complete and the payload bay
doors have been closed.
MISSION STS-115 — 18th ISS FLIGHT (12A) ? P3/P4 SOLAR ARRAYS
- VEHICLE – Endeavour/OV-105
- TARGET LAUNCH DATE: May 23, 2003
- TARGET LANDING DATE: June 3, 2003
- MISSION DURATION: 10 days
- CREW: Jett, Ferguson, Tanner, Burbank, MacLean, Stefanyshyn-Piper
- ORBITAL INSERTION ALTITUDE AND INCLINATION: 122 nautical miles/51.6 degrees
Shuttle Processing Note: Processing continues for Endeavour’s STS-115 launch
to the International Space Station. Removal of Endeavour’s Auxiliary Power
Units is complete. Orbiter Maneuvering System crossfeed disconnect is in
ORBITER MAJOR MODIFICATION PERIOD VEHICLE: Discovery/OV-103
Shuttle Processing Note: The Orbiter Major Modification (OMM) period for
Discovery continues with Avionics Bay 3A structures modifications, and the
Multi-Purpose Logistics Module dedicated heat exchange and radiator
isolation modification. Wire inspections and repairs are ongoing.