- Press Release
- August 18, 2022
SOHO Weekly Meeting Minutes Week 46, November 10-16, 2003
- US Veterans Day Holiday Tuesday, November 11. There will be no science planning meeting that day and a student will be at the SOC desk from 10 am to 5 pm. SOCs will be on call for emergencies.
- Solar science seminar Wednesday at 3:30 PM in Bldg. 26, Room G-10, Jeff Brosius (Catholic University) will speak on “EUV and Radio Observations of Sunspot Plumes on the Disk and at the Limb.”
2. Operations Constraints
* Commanding times for the week: DSS-27 on Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Antenna work should finish Wednesday.
- Monday: Commanding available all day, watch out for SVM times.
- Tuesday: Downlink station very early, watch out for SVM times.
- Wednesday: Same as Tuesday.
- Thursday: Good commanding.
- Friday: Continuous contact but downlink station 17:55-21 UT.
- Saturday: Good commanding.
- Sunday: Good commanding.
* HGA activities continue through Thursday, 3 times a day. There will be no NRT available during the testing each day. The times are approximately: 4-6 UT, 12-14 UT, 20-22 UT for each day, but changes can usually be made upon request.
3. Coordinated Observations
- M Nov 10 (W46)
- T Nov 11 ICAL01 (#6996), 14 UT, CDS/EIT, POC: CDS & EIT Planners US Veterans Day Holiday
- W Nov 12
- T Nov 13
- F Nov 14 Submode Change to Submode 5, 15 UT
- S Nov 15
- S Nov 16
Other activities for Week 46:
- * Week 46 JOP136 Default RHESSI Collaborations (#6850),POC: Stein Haugan
- * Week 46 JOP159 CME’s in Lyman-alpha (#6870), SWAN/LASCO/EIT POC: Chris St Cyr, Eric Quemerais
- * Sep 10-Nov 23 MDI 60-Day Continuous Contact
- * Nov 8-13 JOP172 Coronal Micro-Events (#6998), RHESSI/TRACE/CDS/EIT/MDI, POC: Karel Schrijver
- * Nov 9-22 UVCS Observations of Polar Coronal Holes at High Spectral Resolution
Monday 00:00 UT – Friday 15:00 UT –> Submode 6
Friday 15:00 UT – Sunday 24:00 UT –> Submode 5
Planners for Week 46:
CDS -- Barbara Bromage, MDI -- Sarah Gregory Steven Chapman, & Mike Marsh
EIT -- Bob Leamon SUMER -- not observing LASCO -- Ops Team UVCS -- Ester Antonucci TRACE -- Jonathan Cirtain
- CDS: Synoptic full sun scan on Monday. Active region and coronal hole studies Tuesday through Friday. ICAL01 on Tuesday. JOP172 on Wednesday. Usual weekend studies.
- SUMER: Opening door after submode change on Friday.
- UVCS: Polar coronal hole observations and synoptics.
- LASCO: C2/C3 synoptics, JOP159 Wednesday – Friday.
- EIT: 195 CME watch and synoptics, ICAL01 Tuesday, JOP172 support through Thursday, and JOP159 Wednesday – Friday.
- MDI: Full disk magnetograms and dopplergrams, continuous contact, JOP172 support through Thursday.
- TRACE: JOP172 support through Thursday.