- Press Release
- Nov 30, 2022
SOHO Weekly Meeting Minutes Week 28, 8 – 14 July 2002
* Anyone with constraints or safing plans for the August 20
offpoint, please let the SOC know by Tuesday.
* Router fail-over testing scheduled for July 8 at 10am
* There will be visitors in the EOF on Tuesday 9 July from
* PMI contractors are scheduled to perform corrective maintenance
on the UPS-20 system on July 10 from 9AM until 4:30PM. No impact
to operations is expected.
* Solar science seminar on Wednesday 10 July at 3:30pm in EAF by
Sprio Antiochos on Evidence that Coronal Heating is NOT Impulsive
* Klaus Wilhelm will give a talk on Friday July 26 in the EAF.
* There is a Workshop Series on Solar Flare Physics in the RHESSI Era
on October 17-20 in Berkeley. See the website:
* Prof. Tyan Yeh from Boulder will give a set of 5 lectures on
The Dynamics of Flux Ropes in the Corona-Interplanetary Space
at Bldg 26, Rm G-10, at 11:00am on the following days:
Lecture 4 (July 11, Thursday): Hydromagnetic buoyancy force on a
Lecture 5 (July 18, Thursday): Equations for parameters that
characterize a flux rope
* There will be visitors in the EOF on the afternoon of July 29
2. Operations Constraints
* Commanding times for the week:
Monday – D66 until 16 UT then D27 at 17 UT.
Tuesday – D27 all day.
Wedesday – D27 all day.
Thursday – D66 until 17 UT then D27.
Friday – Commanding is good all day.
Saturday – D27 all day.
Sunday – D27 all day.
3. Coordinated Observations
M Jul 08 (W28)
T Jul 09
W Jul 10
T Jul 11
F Jul 12
S Jul 13
S Jul 14
Other activities for Week 28:
* Week 28 JOP136 Default RHESSI Collaboration (#6850), POC: Stein Haugan
* Week 28 JOP159 CME’s in Lyman-alpha (#6870), SWAN/LASCO/EIT,
POC: Chris St Cyr, Eric Quemerais
* Jul 2-13 UVCS Observational Study of the Coronal Hole/Streamer Interface
* Week 28 TRACE Long continuous runs
* Jul 14-20 UVCS Polar Coronal Hole Study
* Jul 8,14,21 Flare Build-up and Impulsive Energy Release in AR’s (#6878),
CDS/TRACE/VLA/RHESSI, POC: Rob Wilson
Targets of Opportunity (TOO)
Submodes: Submode 6
Planners for Week 28:
CDS — Peter Gallagher MDI — Sarah Gregory
EIT — Joe Gurman SUMER — Not Observing
LASCO — Ops Team UVCS — Carlo Benna
TRACE — Dan Seaton
CDS: VLA coordination on Monday and Sunday. Full sun observation on
Tuesday or Wednesday. RHESSI support for the rest of the week.
UVCS: Coronal hole/streamer interface study and mini-synoptics,
alternating with 24-hour synoptics. Polar coronal hole study
begins on Sunday.
LASCO: C2/C3 synoptics with hourly C2 pB images, JOP159 Wednesday – Friday.
EIT: 195 CME watch and synoptics.
MDI: Full disk magnetograms and dopplergrams.
TRACE: AR tracking. Switching to EUV on Monday. Coordination with VLA