Status Report

NASA Space Shuttle Processing Status Report 10 July 2005

By SpaceRef Editor
July 10, 2005
Filed under , , ,
NASA Space Shuttle Processing Status Report 10 July 2005

Discovery (OV-103)

Mission: STS-114 – 17th ISS Flight (LF1)
Payload: Multi-Purpose Logistics Module
Location: Launch Pad 39B
Launch Date: July 13, 2005, 3:51 p.m. EDT
Launch Pad: 39B
Crew: Collins, Kelly, Noguchi, Robinson, Thomas, Lawrence and Camarda
Inclination/Orbit Altitude: 51.6 degrees/122 nautical miles

The launch countdown clock began at 6 p.m. EDT at the T-43 hour mark counting down toward a launch of Space Shuttle Discovery on mission STS-114 on Wednesday at 3:51 p.m. The launch control team members are in firing room 3 of the Launch Control Center at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center and will be monitoring their system consoles.

The STS-114 crew spent the day in various reviews including a briefing with the Astronaut Support Personnel and the Vehicle Integration Test Office and a bench review of the items in the tile repair kit and the new Cure in Place Ablator Applicator for use in on-orbit tile repair.

Today, the L-3 day weather forecast shows that probability of weather prohibiting the launch of Discovery is 30 percent, with the probability of weather prohibiting tanking at only five percent. Temperature at launch is forecast at 86 degrees and a relative humidity of 70 percent.

The Solid Rocket Booster retrieval ships Liberty Star and Freedom Star will depart from KSC at noon on Tuesday and travel to their location for launch, about 140 nautical miles downrange of the launch pad.

SpaceRef staff editor.