- Press Release
- Oct 2, 2022
NASA Solicitation: Voyager Magnetic FIeld Data Reduction and Analysis
Synopsis – Mar 04, 2013
Solicitation Number: NNG13463609
Posted Date: Mar 04, 2013
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Mar 04, 2013
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: No
Original Response Date: Mar 15, 2013
Current Response Date: Mar 15, 2013
Classification Code: A — Research and Development
NAICS Code: 541712
Contracting Office Address
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 210.S, Greenbelt, MD 20771
NASA/GSFC has a requirement for continued support in maintaining the active scientific productivity of the Voyager Magnetic Field Investigation for the magnetic field experiment.
NASA/GSFC intends to purchase the services from Leonard F. Burlaga, Sole Proprietor pursuant to FAR 13.106, for the acquisition of supplies or services determined to be reasonably available from only one source. Vendor shall continue providing support for the following:
1. Oversee and coordinate activities related to the processing of the data from the magnetometer instruments on Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 with the aim of producing the highest quality data possible;
2. Identify problems related to the processing of the data and to changes in the instruments and the spacecraft magnetic fields, and aid in solving these problems;
3. Continue delivering high-quality data products to the NSSDC and other appropriate groups for dissemination to the scientific community;
4. Continue analyzing data on all scales possible in order to identify new scientific results concerning the structure and dynamics of the heliosheath and its interaction with the interstellar medium
5. Continue publishing scientific results and present at scientific meetings
The Government intends to acquire a commercial item using FAR Part 12.
Interested organizations may submit their capabilities and qualifications to perform the effort in writing to the identified point of contact no later than March 15, 2013; 2:30PM EST. Such capabilities/qualifications will be evaluated solely for the purpose of determining whether or not to conduct this procurement on a competitive basis. A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed effort on a full and open competition basis, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within the discretion of the government.
Oral communications ARE NOT acceptable in response to this notice.
All responsible sources may submit an offer which shall be considered by the agency.
NASA Clause 1852.215-84, Ombudsman, is applicable. The Center Ombudsman for this acquisition can be found at http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/pub/pub_library/Omb.html
Point of Contact
Name: Tamika R Seaforth
Title: Simplified Acquisition Spec