- Press Release
- Sep 29, 2022
NASA Science Mission Directorate Assistant Deputy Associate Administrator for Research Job Announcement
NASA’s Science Mission Directorate anticipates releasing a USAJOBS announcement to fill the position of Assistant Deputy Associate Administrator for Research (ADAAR) in Washington, DC. The ADAAR will work as part of a diverse and agile team whose core values include excellence, integrity, transparency, and teamwork.
The USAJOBS announcement will open on July 20, 2020 and close on July 27, 2020.
This position serves as the Assistant Deputy Associate Administrator for Research (ADAAR), within the Office of the Associate Administrator, Science Mission Directorate (SMD). SMD engages the Nation’s science community, sponsors scientific research, and develops and deploys satellites, spacecraft, and probes in collaboration with NASA’s domestic partners and partners around the world to answer fundamental questions about the Sun, the Earth, the Solar System and the Universe.
Specifically, the ADAAR in SMD:
· Collaborates within HQ, field centers, all levels of management, commercial industry, and partner organizations to ensure the transparent solicitation, evaluation, and selection of research projects and missions.
· Interacts with senior management to formulate agreements and plans for institutional support of research program activities.
· Establishes metrics and monitors execution of processes and plans.
· Ensures overall coordination of science programs inside and outside the Directorate, working closely with the Division Directors, so that they adhere to national, agency and directorate policies, guidelines and processes.
· Serves as a technical and programmatic expert in the management and administration of research programs and/or projects.
· Provides overall technical insight into the development and management of policies, procedures, and operational schedules associated with research and mission solicitations.
· Actively promotes diversity and inclusiveness, within NASA appointed teams and committees, and within the science community.
NASA recognizes that candidates with non-traditional career paths, or individuals who are at earlier stages of their careers may have demonstrated experience in different ways. NASA encourages applications from such individuals.
This will be a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) announcement through htt
Given the short period the announcement is open, it is a good idea to log into USAJOBS before and update your username, password, resume, etc., to facilitate the timely submission of an application.
Candidates interested in this opportunity are encouraged to contact NASA well in advance so they can make a well-informed decision on submitting an application during the very short (5 day) window when the job opportunity will be open for applications.
To learn more about the Science Mission Directorate, click the link below