- Status Report
- August 13, 2022
NASA Office of Communications Planning: NASA Message Construct
NASA MESSAGE CONSTRUCT
CORE MESSAGE: NASA explores for answers that power our future.
Inspiration – NASA powers inspiration that encourages future generations to explore, learn, and build a better future.
- Space exploration engages and inspires the public and encourages students to pursue studies in challenging, high-tech fields.
- Space exploration contributes to our Nation’s economic competitiveness by helping to build and maintain a skilled, high-tech workforce.
- Going to the Moon and Mars will be a stunning achievement and enduring legacy to future generations of our desire to explore, learn, and progress.
Innovation – NASA powers innovation that creates new jobs, new markets, and new technologies.
- Space exploration has contributed to over a thousand new technologies that improve and save lives every day–advanced breast cancer imaging systems, heart pumps, biohazard detectors, LASIK eye surgery, and water filtration systems are just a few innovations that have benefited from NASA’s work.
- Space exploration will enable us to develop new technologies, such as hydrogen fuel cells, that may help meet our energy needs on Earth.
- NASA research enables safer, more environmentally friendly, and more efficient air travel. For example, NASA’s research in lightweight composite materials, quieter and cleaner aircraft engine technologies, and advanced air traffic management tools have all contributed to improving the Nation’s air transportation system.
Discovery – NASA powers discovery that enables us to learn more about ourselves, our world, and how to manage and protect it.
- Space exploration will enable us to better understand and protect Earth through the study of weather and climate change, to monitor the effects of the Sun, and to detect objects that could collide with Earth.
- Space exploration satisfies our curiosity, advances our knowledge, and answers fundamental questions about the history of Earth, the solar system, and the universe.
- Going to the Moon provides an opportunity to test new technologies and techniques and to develop resources for future missions to Mars and beyond.
Inspiration + Innovation + Discovery = Future
NASA explores for answers that power our future.
- NASA exploration powers inspiration that engages the public and encourages students to pursue studies in challenging high-tech fields.
- NASA exploration powers innovation that creates new jobs, new markets, and new technologies that improve and save lives every day in every community. Quieter and cleaner aircraft, advanced breast cancer screening, heart pumps, biohazard detectors, and LASIK eye surgery have all benefited from NASA’s work.
- NASA exploration powers discovery that enables us to better understand our solar system and protect Earth through the study of weather and climate change, to monitor the effects of the Sun, and to detect objects that could collide with Earth.
Why explore? Because exploration powers the future through inspiration, innovation, and discovery.