- Press Release
- Oct 3, 2022
NASA JSC Presentation: Cross Cutting Themes January 2011
Improvements are needed in the following for BEO Human Exploration:
* Human Sustainability: much more commonality/ interchangeability of systems for repairs and hardware maintenance. Fewer tools. Dependable systems–better reliability with redundancy.
* Human/Robotic Interaction: Need a robot with human-like dexterity. Desire control like Xbox “Kinect”
* EVA: EVA improved suit, suitport
* Crew/Ground Interface: Need more autonomy as crew and spacecraft will be light-minutes from MCC intervention. (Closer operations philosophy to pre-TDRSS). Still need high-definition video for critical events (dockings, EVAs, telerobotics)
* Working & Living in Space: radiation protection for crew. Crew health. In situ real time training.
* Launch Infrastructure
MacGyver Projects provide opportunities to test new operational concepts