- Status Report
- Jan 30, 2023
NASA HQ Heads Up Tuesday, January 7, 2003
ORIENTATION SESSIONS ON TRAVEL MANAGER CHANGES
– Approvers: Jan. 7, 2:15-3 p.m., MIC 6-A.
– Travelers: Jan. 8, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m., auditorium.
Travel Manager will be integrated with IFM Core Financial (Wave
2, Go Live late February 2003). You must attend an orientation
session to prepare for the transition which begins January 10.
Orientation includes travel payment suspension period, voucher
submittal deadline, system outages. Travel Manager Help Desk,
QUARTERLY FARE SUBSIDY PICKUP – RM. 4M27
– January 7, 8, 9, 14, 10 a.m.-12 noon and 1:30-3 p.m.
– January 15-16, 10 a.m.-12 noon.
All subsidies not picked up by January 16 will be forfeited for
the quarter. LaKisha Dyson, 358-0208.
AMENDED TLC TIMESHEETS DUE JANUARY 10
Friday, January 10, 9 a.m. – Payroll Office deadline. All amended
TLC timesheets for leave adjustments for CY2002 must be brought
to the Payroll Office. For details, contact Bernadette Keane,
HQ TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
– January 7. Basic Communications Skills.
– January 9. Resume Builder Strategies.
– January 13. Building Foundations of Knowledge.
– January 14-15. Standard First Aid/CPR and Infant and Child CPR.
– January 16. The Leader Within.
– January 22. Change Your Beliefs; Change Your Stress.
For details, see
LEADERSHIP/EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Wednesday, January 8 – deadline. Nominations due for programs
during 2003. For details and forms, see
Kimela Ouakil, 301-286-6112.
TOASTMASTERS’ JANUARY MEETING SCHEDULE
Thursdays, January 9 and 23, 12 noon, MIC 5-A. In February,
meetings will return to the regular schedule: the first and third
Thursdays each month. Ledetria Beaudoin 358-0991.
PLAN FOR TRAVEL MANAGER/SAP MIGRATION
– Friday, January 10 – travel authorization deadline. Submit all
travel authorizations with requests for cash advances for travel
beginning prior to February 24 (projected “go live” date for SAP).
– Friday, January 17 – travel voucher deadline. Any vouchers
submitted after January 17 will be processed sometime after
For details, see http://TRAVEL.HQ.NASA.GOV
Travel Manager Help Desk, 358-0270.
INTERNATIONAL CONTINUING HEALTH EDUCATION
Friday, January 10, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm CD61. Session 3: “Using
Satellite Data to Understand the Spread of Emerging Infectious
Diseases: the West Nile Virus Story” by Professor David Rogers,
Ph.D., Oxford University, UK. Dr. Wing Chan, 358-0592.
NEW YOGA SESSIONS BEGIN JANUARY 14
Tuesdays, 1 p.m. or Wednesdays, 11 a.m., Fitness Center. Costs:
$96, 8-week session; $15 for drop-ins. Employees are also invited
to a free, open house session on Wednesday, January 8, 11 a.m.
Register with HQ yoga instructor Melissa Weinrieb at
[email protected] or pick up a form in the Fitness
MEN’S WELLNESS SEMINAR AND SCREENING
– Tuesday, January 14, 12 noon, MIC 7. Seminar for civil service
and contractor employees.
– Tuesday, January 14, 1-4 p.m, Health Unit. Free prostate
specific antigen (PSA) screening blood tests for eligible
employees who attend the seminar.
For details, see
Register for the seminar and screenings by January 13.
Health Unit, 358-2600.
VENDING MACHINES OPERATING WITH LIGHTS OFF
In an effort to conserve energy, the lights have been
disconnected on vending machines throughout the building. The
machines are in service, so continue to enjoy the products.
Judy Jackson, 358-0212.
– NASA Home Page: http://www.nasa.gov
– NASA Budget for FY 2003: http://www.nasa.gov/budget/budget2003_index.html
– Freedom to Manage (F2M): http://www.f2m.nasa.gov
– NODIS Document Library: http://nodis3.gsfc.nasa.gov/library/main_lib.html
– NODIS Document Management System:
http://nodis-dms.gsfc.nasa.gov/dms/dms.cfm (NASA Employees Only)
– HQ Core Financial Web Site: http://corefinancial.hq.nasa.gov
– Directory of HQ Service Contacts:
– Job Opportunities: http://www.nasajobs.nasa.gov
– Approved Widely-Attended Gatherings (WAGs):
– Training Information: http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/hqtrngopps.htm
– Computer Training Center (CTC):
– Safety: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/safety.htm
– NASA OIG: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/oig/hq
– IT Security:
(NASA HQ ONLY)
– ODIN Services: http://www.odin.hq.nasa.gov
– HQ ISO 9000: http://hqiso9000.hq.nasa.gov (NASA HQ ONLY)
– ISEM Services: http://www.isem.hq.nasa.gov
– ViTS: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/services/vits.htm
– Exchange Council: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/exchange
– HQ Bulletin Online: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/infocom/bulletin_online.htm
– VoTS: http://www.nisn.nasa.gov/vots
– IT Notices: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/whatsnew/itnote.htm
– 2003 Calendar Orders: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/calinfo.htm
– National Air & Space Museum programs/events:
“Heads Up” is published every Tuesday and Thursday by InfoCom,
Code CI-3, HQ Information Technology & Communications Division.
Submit articles 5 working days before your requested publication
Email items to [email protected]; mail articles to Code
CI-3/InfoCom; or fax to 358-3025. For more information on Heads
Up and other InfoCom services, call 358-2299 or 358-4817, or
visit the InfoCom web page at