- Status Report
- August 12, 2022
NASA HQ Heads Up Thursday, December 12, 2002
ANNUAL HOLIDAY WELLNESS PROGRAM
Thursday, December 12, 12 noon-1 p.m., west lobby. Stop by for
helpful advice on staying healthy and well during the holiday
season. Program sponsored by the Health Unit, Fitness Center, and
Employee Assistance Program (EAP). For copies of handouts, call
HOLIDAY GIVING DRIVES END DEC. 17
– Toys for Tots and Canned Food Drives.
Collection boxes in east and west lobbies.
– Weigh-In Contest. All donations go to So Others Might Eat
For details, see
Rita Moore, 358-2077.
HOLIDAY TREE DECORATING PARTY
Monday, December 16, 10 a.m., west lobby. Stop by and put your
decorating skills and holiday spirit to work! For details,
contact Karen White, 358-1056.
HQ HOLIDAY RECEPTION
Tuesday, December 17, 12 noon-1:30 p.m., Multipurpose Room
(CG46). Enjoy a light lunch and get the results of the Weigh-In
contest. Don’t forget to bring a canned food donation! Debbie
NASA BLOOD DRIVE
Thursday, December 19, 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., MIC 6. Schedule an
appointment with your code coordinator. All donors will receive a
“Season of Hope” lapel pin. HUD employees welcome. Refreshments
will be served. Shirley Mitchell, RN, 358-2600.
HQ MAIL SYSTEM IS FOR OFFICIAL BUSINESS
The HQ Mail System can only be used for sending and receiving
mail and shipments that are in the conduct of official NASA
business. Using the HQ Mail System to send or receive personal
mail and shipments is prohibited. Direct questions to the HQ Mail
Center Supervisor, Keith Scott, 358-0199.
MANDATORY 2002 ETHICS TRAINING
– Next session: December 19, 1 p.m.
– Makeup sessions: January 23, 9 a.m. and January 28, 1 p.m.
All sessions in the auditorium. Mandatory for employees who file
financial disclosure reports (Forms 278 or 450) and IPA
employees; optional for other NASA employees. Ethics training is
also offered online at https://solar.msfc.nasa.gov
Laurie Rafferty, 358-2028.
INTERNATIONAL CONTINUING HEALTH EDUCATION
Friday, December 20, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm. CD61. Session 2:
“Application of Satellite Sensors and Geographic Information
Sys-tems for Monitoring Malaria” by Louisa R. Beck, Center for
Health Applications of Aerospace Related Technologies, Ames
Research Center. Dr. Wing Chan, 358-0592.
HQ INFORMATION CENTER HAS MOVED
The Information Center has moved to Rm. 1N24 within the HQ
Library. It still has the same great information–posters,
lithographs and NASA publications. Stop in, take a look, and
leave with some of these cool, free NASA materials. 358-0000.
LTC OPEN SEASON ENDS DEC. 31
For information on the Federal Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance
Program sponsored by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) see
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/ltcprog.htm Scott Howell, 358-1558.
HQ MENTORING PROGRAM EXTENDED
Monday, January 20 – new application deadline. For details and
http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/Mentoring/home.htm or contact
Mary Alice Diedrich Mary.A.Diedrich@nasa.gov 301-286-5393.
HQ TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES IN JANUARY
For details, see http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/Januaryfy03.htm
– NASA Home Page: http://www.nasa.gov
– NASA Budget for FY 2003: http://www.nasa.gov/budget/budget2003_index.html
– Freedom to Manage (F2M): http://www.f2m.nasa.gov
– NODIS Document Library: http://nodis3.gsfc.nasa.gov/library/main_lib.html
– NODIS Document Management System:
http://nodis-dms.gsfc.nasa.gov/dms/dms.cfm (NASA Employees Only)
– HQ Core Financial Web Site: http://corefinancial.hq.nasa.gov
– Directory of HQ Service Contacts:
– Job Opportunities: http://www.nasajobs.nasa.gov
– Approved Widely-Attended Gatherings (WAGs):
– Training Information: http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/hqtrngopps.htm
– Computer Training Center (CTC):
– Safety: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/safety.htm
– NASA OIG: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/oig/hq
– IT Security:
(NASA HQ ONLY)
– ODIN Services: http://www.odin.hq.nasa.gov
– HQ ISO 9000: http://hqiso9000.hq.nasa.gov (NASA HQ ONLY)
– ISEM Services: http://www.isem.hq.nasa.gov
– ViTS: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/services/vits.htm
– Exchange Council: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/exchange
– HQ Bulletin Online: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/infocom/bulletin_online.htm
– VoTS: http://www.nisn.nasa.gov/vots
– IT Notices: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/whatsnew/itnote.htm
– 2003 Calendar Orders: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/calinfo.htm
– National Air & Space Museum programs/events:
“Heads Up” is published every Tuesday and Thursday by InfoCom,
Code CI-3, HQ Information Technology & Communications Division.
Submit articles 5 working days before your requested publication
Email items to firstname.lastname@example.org; mail articles to Code
CI-3/InfoCom; or fax to 358-3025. For more information on Heads
Up and other InfoCom services, call 358-2299 or 358-4817, or
visit the InfoCom web page at
Visit “Heads Up Online” at http://www.hq.nasa.gov/heads-up for