- Status Report
- Feb 8, 2023
NASA HQ Heads Up 9 Jan 2003
Thursday, January 9, 2003
QUARTERLY FARE SUBSIDY PICKUP – RM. 4M27
– January 9, 14, 10 a.m.-12 noon and 1:30-3 p.m.
– January 15-16, 10 a.m.-12 noon.
All subsidies not picked up by January 16 will be forfeited for
the quarter. LaKisha Dyson, 358-0208.
TOASTMASTERS’ JANUARY MEETINGS
Thursdays, January 9 and 23, 12 noon, MIC 5-A. In February,
Toastmasters will return to their regular schedule: the first
and third Thursdays each month. Ledetria Beaudoin 358-0991.
AMENDED TLC TIMESHEETS DUE JANUARY 10
Friday, January 10, 9 a.m. – Payroll Office deadline. All amended
TLC timesheets for leave adjustments for CY2002 must be brought
to the Payroll Office. For details, contact Bernadette Keane,
PLAN FOR TRAVEL MANAGER/SAP MIGRATION
– Friday, January 10 – travel authorization deadline. Submit all
travel authorizations with requests for cash advances for travel
beginning prior to February 24 (projected “go live” date for SAP).
– Friday, January 17 – travel voucher deadline. Any vouchers
submitted after January 17 will be processed sometime after
For details, see http://TRAVEL.HQ.NASA.GOV
Travel Manager Help Desk, 358-0270.
INTERNATIONAL CONTINUING HEALTH EDUCATION
Friday, January 10, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Rm CD61. Session 3: “Using
Satellite Data to Understand the Spread of Emerging Infectious
Diseases: the West Nile Virus Story” by Professor David Rogers,
Ph.D., Oxford University, UK. Dr. Wing Chan, 358-0592.
NEW YOGA SESSIONS START JANUARY 14 AND 15
Tuesdays, 1 p.m. or Wednesdays, 11 a.m., Fitness Center. Costs:
$96, 8-week session; $15 for drop-ins. Register with instructor
Melissa Weinrieb at [email protected] or pick up a form
in the Fitness Center, 358-0138.
MEN’S WELLNESS SEMINAR AND SCREENING
– Tuesday, January 14, 12 noon, MIC 7. Seminar for civil service
and contractor employees.
– Tuesday, January 14, 1-4 p.m, Health Unit. Free prostate
specific antigen (PSA) screening blood tests for eligible
employees who attend the seminar.
For details, see
Register for seminar and screenings by January 13.
Health Unit, 358-2600.
MENTORING PROGRAM APPLICATIONS DUE
Monday, January 20 – deadline. For details and forms, see
Contact Mary Alice Diedrich
[email protected] 301-286-5393.
MANDATORY 2002 ETHICS TRAINING
Make-up sessions: January 23, 9 a.m.; January 28, 1 p.m.
auditorium. Mandatory for employees who file financial disclosure
reports (Forms 278 or 450) and IPA employees; optional for other
NASA employees. For online Ethics training, see
https://solar.msfc.nasa.gov Laurie Rafferty, 358-2028.
“APOLLO 17: THE LAST MEN ON THE MOON”
Tuesday, March 18, 8 p.m., Lockheed-Martin IMAX Theater,
National Air and Space Museum (NASM). Free lecture by Apollo 17
astronauts Eugene Cernan and Dr. Harrison “Jack” Schmitt. Tickets
are required. For details and tickets, see
http://www.nasm.si.edu/nasm/pa/lectures/wvb/wvb.htm NASM, 202-357-2700.
HQ TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES IN JANUARY
For details, see http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/Januaryfy03.htm
– NASA Home Page: http://www.nasa.gov
– NASA Budget for FY 2003: http://www.nasa.gov/budget/budget2003_index.html
– Freedom to Manage (F2M): http://www.f2m.nasa.gov
– NODIS Document Library: http://nodis3.gsfc.nasa.gov/library/main_lib.html
– NODIS Document Management System:
http://nodis-dms.gsfc.nasa.gov/dms/dms.cfm (NASA Employees Only)
– HQ Core Financial Web Site: http://corefinancial.hq.nasa.gov
– Directory of HQ Service Contacts:
– Job Opportunities: http://www.nasajobs.nasa.gov
– Approved Widely-Attended Gatherings (WAGs):
– Training Information: http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/hqtrngopps.htm
– Computer Training Center (CTC):
– Safety: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/safety.htm
– NASA OIG: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/oig/hq
– IT Security:
(NASA HQ ONLY)
– ODIN Services: http://www.odin.hq.nasa.gov
– HQ ISO 9000: http://hqiso9000.hq.nasa.gov (NASA HQ ONLY)
– ISEM Services: http://www.isem.hq.nasa.gov
– ViTS: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/services/vits.htm
– Exchange Council: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/exchange
– HQ Bulletin Online: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/infocom/bulletin_online.htm
– VoTS: http://www.nisn.nasa.gov/vots
– IT Notices: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/whatsnew/itnote.htm
– 2003 Calendar Orders: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/calinfo.htm
– National Air & Space Museum programs/events:
“Heads Up” is published every Tuesday and Thursday by InfoCom,
Code CI-3, HQ Information Technology & Communications Division.
Submit articles 5 working days before your requested publication
Email items to [email protected]; mail articles to Code
CI-3/InfoCom; or fax to 358-3025. For more information on Heads
Up and other InfoCom services, call 358-2299 or 358-4817, or
visit the InfoCom web page at
Visit “Heads Up Online” at http://www.hq.nasa.gov/heads-up for