- Status Report
- Jan 27, 2023
NASA HQ Heads Up 4 Feb 2003
Tuesday, February 4, 2003
THE LOSS OF COLUMBIA AND ITS COURAGEOUS CREW
The loss of the courageous crew of STS-107 and of the Space
Shuttle Columbia has brought tragedy to the NASA family, to the
families of these seven heroes, and to our Nation. To honor the
Columbia crew and the family members who have borne their
personal grief with tremendous dignity and courage, President
Bush will join us for a memorial service at the Johnson Space
Flight Center on Tuesday, February 4 at 1 p.m. EST. All badged
NASA employees are welcome to attend this event. There will also
be a memorial service on Thursday, February 6 at Washington’s
National Cathedral at 1 p.m. EST. Glenn Mahone, 358-1898.
INFORMATION ON COLUMBIA AND THE STS-107 CREW
The latest information on Columbia and the STS-107 crew will be
posted at http://www.nasa.gov/columbia
HQ BLACK HISTORY MONTH EVENT CANCELLED
Wednesday, February 5. The Black History Month program featuring
Jewel Diamond Taylor and the NASA HQ Gospel Choir has been
cancelled. Chris Rodriguez, 359-0950.
COMPUTER TRAINING CENTER (CTC) CLASSES
– February 6. Word 2000 Basics I (PC).
– February 11. Excel 2000. Basics II (PC).
– February 14. Word 2000. Basics II (PC).
– February 18. HTML. Basics I (PC).
– February 20. PowerPoint 2000. Basics I (PC).
– February 25. HTML. Basics II (PC).
To register, [email protected] or call
358-1111. For details, see
IT SERVICES REMAIN AVAILABLE THIS WEEKEND
The power outage scheduled for the NASA HQ Building this weekend,
February. 8-9, has been cancelled. Therefore, normal IT services
and operations will be provided this weekend. IT Help Desk,
358-HELP (4357) or 1-866-4NASAHQ (462-7247).
EXCHANGE COUNCIL LOBBY EVENTS CANCELLED
Due to current events, vendors will not be in the west lobby this
week and possibly longer. Vendors will return as soon as
possible. Karen White, 358-1056.
HQ TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
– February 10-11. Standard First Aid/CPR and Infant and Child
– February 18. Ten Rules for Effective Negotiating.
– February 19. Enneagram: The Personality Wisdom System.
– February 19 and 20. COTR Refresher Training.
– February 20 and March 11. National Environmental Policy Act
– February 26-27. Essentials of English Writing.
For details, see http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/Februaryfy03.htm
GODDARD CENTER DIRECTOR’S COLLOQUIUM
Wednesday, February 12, 10-11:30 a.m., Building 3 Goett
Auditorium, GSFC. Presentation by Walker Lee Evey, former Program
Manager of the Pentagon Renovation Program on “Overcoming
Daunting Odds Rebuilding the Pentagon After September 11th” For
details, see http://workforce.gsfc.nasa.gov/b2c1.html Gail
FINAL ETHICS TRAINING MAKE-UP SESSIONS
– Wednesday, February 12, 2:30 p.m.
– Thursday, February 13, 9 a.m.
All sessions in the auditorium. Ethics training is also offered
online at https://solar.msfc.nasa.gov (Please note: These
training sessions may be rescheduled due to press conferences in
the auditorium.) For details, contact Laurie Rafferty, 358-2028.