- Status Report
- Feb 8, 2023
NASA HQ Heads Up 30 Jan 2003
Thursday, January 30, 2003
VOLUNTEER DURING NATIONAL ENGINEERS WEEK
Volunteer to teach a class in a Washington, DC, Maryland, or
Virginia high school, middle school, or elementary school during
National Engineers Week (February 16-22) or any time during the
month of February. Pass along your experience and encourage
students to consider careers in engineering, science, math, and
technology. To sign up and be matched up with a school, contact
Ron Erwin, 301-286-7504.
COMPUTER TRAINING CENTER (CTC) CLASSES
– February 4. Excel 2000. Basics I (PC).
– February 6. Word 2000. Basics I (PC).
– February 11. Excel 2000. Basics II (PC).
– February 14. Word 2000. Basics II (PC).
– February 18. HTML. Basics I (PC).
– February 20. PowerPoint 2000. Basics I (PC).
For details, see
To register, [email protected]
or call 358-1111.
GODDARD CENTER DIRECTOR’S COLLOQUIUM
Tuesday, February 4, 10-11:30 a.m., Building 3 Goett Auditorium,
GSFC. Presentation by Dr. Margaret Wheatley on “Turning to One
Another: The Power of Human Conversation” For details, see
http://workforce.gsfc.nasa.gov/b2c1.html Gail Williams,
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM TRAINING
– February 6-7. Continual Improvement.
– March 6-7. Integrated Management Systems.
– May 8-9. Managing Quality 2000.
For details, see
To register, fax a completed Form 228 to 301-286-0845.
Sheila Jackson, 301-286-2022.
FINAL ETHICS TRAINING MAKE-UP SESSIONS
– Wednesday, February 12, 2:30 p.m.
– Thursday, February 13, 9 a.m.
All sessions in the auditorium. Ethics training is also offered
online at https://solar.msfc.nasa.gov For details, contact
Laura Giza, 358-2027.
HQ BLACK HISTORY MONTH OBSERVANCE
Wednesday, February 5, 9 a.m, auditorium. Black History Month
program featuring motivational speaker Jewel Diamond Taylor and a
performance by the NASA HQ Gospel Choir. For details, see
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codece and select
“Conference Registration and Agenda” Chris Rodriguez, 359-0950.
IT SERVICES AFFECTED BY BUILDING POWER OUTAGE
Saturday, February 8, 6 p.m. to Sunday, February 9, 6 p.m. In
support of the HQ building power outage on Saturday, February
8-9, the HQ LAN and all servers will be unavailable. Eudora,
Meeting Maker, and the HQ public Web will be available via
dial-in and the Internet. All desktop computers at HQ must be
shut off by COB Friday. IT Help Desk, 358-HELP (4357) or
CONGRESSIONAL OPERATIONS BRIEFING CONFERENCE
February 24-27, Capitol Hill. This conference provides a
comprehensive look at congressional operations and how Congress
affects the daily operations of every department and agency in
the Executive Branch. Enrollment is limited. To register, fax a
completed Form 228 to Sheila Jackson, 301-286-0845.
Agency Training Classes
– February 25-28, Hampton, Virginia. Systems Management 86.
– March 18-20, MSFC. Systems Requirements 56.
– March 31-April 10, Wallops, Virginia. Project Management 62.
– April 7-9, MSFC. Space Launch and Transportation 4.
For details and APPL nomination forms, see
To register, fax a completed APPL form to Sheila Jackson,