- Status Report
- August 8, 2022
NASA HQ Heads Up 24 Dec 2002
Tuesday, December 24, 2002
(The next Heads Up will be posted Tuesday, December 31, 2002.)
TLC TIMESHEETS DUE EARLY FOR PP#1
Friday, December 27, 9 a.m. EST – Payroll Office deadline.
Employees are responsible for having Pay Period #1 timesheets
verified and certified before leaving for the holidays. This will
ensure paychecks are on time. Bernadette Keane, 358-1051.
JANUARY-MARCH PARKING PERMIT SALE
December 31-deadline. Permits for civil service employees. Submit
payments ($120) to Colonial Parking Office, P1 Level, 6 a.m-4
p.m. See http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/codeco/parknot.htm Vera
BUILDING POWER OUTAGE JANUARY 4
Saturday, January 4, 12 midnight-6 a.m. Boston Properties is
performing preventive maintenance on the building’s main
electrical switch gear. Critical areas will be on backup power,
but lights, air conditioning, elevators, water pumps, etc., will
be off. Ed Hurley, 358-0698, or Judy Jackson, 358-0212.
IT SERVICES AFFECTED BY BUILDING POWER OUTAGE
Friday, January 3, 6 p.m- Saturday, January 4. In support of the
HQ building power outage Saturday, January 4, Information
Technology (IT) services will be reduced. All desktop computers
at NASA HQ must be shut off by COB Friday, January 3. IT Help
Desk, 358-HELP (4357) or 1-866-4 NASAHQ (462-7247).
LEADERSHIP/EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Wednesday, January 8 – deadline. Nominations due for programs
during 2003. For details and forms, see
LTC OPEN SEASON ENDS DECEMBER 31
Long Term Care (LTC) Open Season ends December 31. Go to
http://www.opm.gov/insure/ltc/osend.asp to see the latest
information on what you can do once Open Season ends. Scott
SFA NOMINATIONS FOR STS-114 DUE
Monday, January 6 COB – deadline. Nominate coworkers for Space
Flight Awareness (SFA) Program awards. Submit forms to M-2/Joyce
Proctor by January 6. For details and forms,
ORIENTATION SESSIONS ON TRAVEL MANAGER CHANGES
– Preparers: January 6, 10:30-11:30 a.m., MIC 6-A.
– Approvers: January 7, 2:15-3 p.m., MIC 6-A.
– Travelers: January 8, 11:30 a.m- 12:15 p.m., auditorium.
Employees must attend to prepare for Travel Manager’s transition
to IFM Core Financial beginning January 10. Travel Manager Help
HQ TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
– January 7. Basic Communications Skills.
– January 9. Resume Builder Strategies.
– January 13. Building Foundations of Knowledge.
– January 14-15. Standard First Aid/CPR and Infant and Child
– January 16. The Leader Within.
– February 26-27. Essentials of English Writing.
For details, see
HQ MENTORING PROGRAM – EXTENDED
Monday, January 20 – application deadline. For details and
forms, see http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/Mentoring/home.htm
and contact Mary Alice Diedrich
Mary.A.Diedrich@nasa.gov or call 301-286-5393.
HQ INFORMATION CENTER HAS MOVED
The Information Center is now in Rm. 1N24 within the HQ Library.
It has the same great information–posters, lithographs and NASA
– NASA Home Page: http://www.nasa.gov
– NASA Budget for FY 2003: http://www.nasa.gov/budget/budget2003_index.html
– Freedom to Manage (F2M): http://www.f2m.nasa.gov
– NODIS Document Library: http://nodis3.gsfc.nasa.gov/library/main_lib.html
– NODIS Document Management System:
http://nodis-dms.gsfc.nasa.gov/dms/dms.cfm (NASA Employees Only)
– HQ Core Financial Web Site: http://corefinancial.hq.nasa.gov
– Directory of HQ Service Contacts:
– Job Opportunities: http://www.nasajobs.nasa.gov
– Approved Widely-Attended Gatherings (WAGs):
– Training Information: http://ohr.gsfc.nasa.gov/DevGuide/Hq/hqtrngopps.htm
– Computer Training Center (CTC):
– Safety: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/safety.htm
– NASA OIG: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/oig/hq
– IT Security:
(NASA HQ ONLY)
– ODIN Services: http://www.odin.hq.nasa.gov
– HQ ISO 9000: http://hqiso9000.hq.nasa.gov (NASA HQ ONLY)
– ISEM Services: http://www.isem.hq.nasa.gov
– ViTS: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/services/vits.htm
– Exchange Council: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/exchange
– HQ Bulletin Online: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/infocom/bulletin_online.htm
– VoTS: http://www.nisn.nasa.gov/vots
– IT Notices: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codec/codeci/whatsnew/itnote.htm
– 2003 Calendar Orders: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/hq/calinfo.htm
– National Air & Space Museum programs/events:
“Heads Up” is published every Tuesday and Thursday by InfoCom,
Code CI-3, HQ Information Technology & Communications Division.
Submit articles 5 working days before your requested publication
Email items to email@example.com; mail articles to Code
CI-3/InfoCom; or fax to 358-3025. For more information on Heads
Up and other InfoCom services, call 358-2299 or 358-4817, or
visit the InfoCom web page at
Visit “Heads Up Online” at http://www.hq.nasa.gov/heads-up for