- Press Release
- Nov 30, 2022
NASA GSFC Presolicitation Notice: Construction of the Space Science Building
Document Type: Presolicitation Notice
Solicitation Number: NNG-05-SSB
Posted Date: Feb 03, 2005
Original Response Date: May 16, 2005
Current Response Date: May 16, 2005
Original Archive Date: Feb 03, 2006
Current Archive Date: Feb 03, 2006
Classification Code: Y — Construction of structures and facilities
Naics Code: 236220 — Commercial and Institutional Building Construction
Contracting Office Address
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 210.I, Greenbelt, MD 20771
NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) is hereby soliciting Capability Statements from interested 8(a)’s and small business sources for Construction of the Space Science Building project.
The Space Science Building is located in the center of the GSFC in Greenbelt, MD and will build a 265,000 gross square foot new building consisting of the following:
- 50% labs and 50% office space
- High tech electronic labs, class 10,000 cleanrooms, wet labs, computer labs and machine rooms, and hi-bay labs.
- Concrete framed structure with a brick, glass, and metal siding facade.
- Four story office and three story lab building.
- Mechanical and electrical systems including: Loadcenters, MCC’s, distribution panels, pumps, fans, motors, controls, safety monitoring devices etc.
- Possible demolition of existing structures
- Clearing of wooded areas, clearing and grubbing, and cut and fill operations.
- Site work including: 6 acres of parking, stormwater management ponds, new site utilities including steam and condensate, chilled water supply and return, power, communications, water, sanitary, and stormwater. Utilities runs will vary from 500 to 1200 feet and will include connections to existing centralized distribution systems.
- LEED “Silver” certification
- Emphasis on formalized Contractor Quality Control program such as used with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Emphasis on past performance of this type and size of project, work on Federal construction projects, LEED projects, and schedule and cost control. The contractor will be required to perform on the site, and with its own organization work equivalent to at least fifteen percent (15%) of the total amount of the work to be performed under the contract.
Companies are required to provide three (3) copies of the Capability Statement addressing relevant experience and past performance for his/her firm, joint venture, partnership and subcontractors as it relates to this project to include your capability to perform the projected work. Data requirements shall be the same for all companies. Information shall be for a minimum of three (3) projects (or portion thereof for subcontractors), that are similar in scope and complexity to this project, and have occurred within the past five (5) years. Reference information shall include a brief description, dollar amount, name, address, point of contact, and telephone number.
All positive and negative comments, criticisms and rates, as well as awards received for these projects shall be addressed. Past performance information consists of two general areas of data, (i) General Business Background and (ii) Specific performance information.
For General Business Background the following should be addressed: name of business/division; form of legal organization and year established; principal offericers and organization chart; potential, on-going, or completed litigation; and Government findings or sanctions at level.
For specific performance information provide a listing of all state, local, federal or commercial contracts for the same or similar nature currently ongoing, performed or completed during the last six years. Contract information should include the contract number, date, agency, point of contact and phone number, dollar value (both at time of award and as of last modification), contract type, location, period of performance or scheduled delivery dates, description of scope of work, current status of performance; description of actual/potential litigation, and list of key subcontractors.
The magnitude of this requirement is more than $10,000,000.
Bonding requirements for this project is $50,000,000.
The NAICS code for this project is 236220.
The size standard is $28.5 Million. This is a Sources Sought synopsis, no solicitation exists; therefore, do not request a copy of the solicitation. If a solicitation is released it will be synopsized in FedBizOpps and on the NASA Acquisition Internet Service.
It is the potential offeror?s responsibility to monitor these sites for the release of any solicitation or synopsis. All responses shall be submitted to Andrea McClendon no later than February 16, 2005.
Please reference Construction of the Space Science Building in any response. Questions should be directed to: Andrea McClendon at (301)286-7975 (301)286-0247 ? Facsimile or to Andrea.G.McClendon@nasa.giv
Point of Contact
Andrea G. McClendon, Contracting Officer, Phone (301) 286-7975, Fax (301) 286-0247, Email Andrea.G.McClendon@nasa.gov
Email your questions to Andrea G. McClendon at Andrea.G.McClendon@nasa.gov