ISSP Vehicle Health 6 Dec 2002
Source: ISS Monthly Program Review 6 Dec 2002
Click to enlarge
Note: Worsened or Red status issues shown-new status in bold, underlined font
2B and 4B BGA showing high currents sporadically
- 2B and 4B rotated as required for power
- Dual angle mode and XPOP flown when possible
- Low b X-POP being pursued to limit BGA rotations, when possible.
3 of 4 Beta Gimbal Assembly (BGA) latching mechanisms locked
on starboard 4 Bar assembly/Strength analysis shows 3 of 4 acceptable for life.
Contamination on Node1 nadir CBM may impact future ops. Cleaning planned for
Early external active thermal control system operating
- Starboard radiator has one loop plumbed incorrectly/Heat rejection
- capability impacted – still meets current heat rejection needs
ITCS operating nominally
- ITCS fine filter R&R plan established.
- Comprehensive ITCS fluid forward plan still in work
CanadArm2 operating nominally. RWS operational.
CMG #1 failed/All remaining CMGs have experienced occasional loss of comm
- Momentum well within current requirements, no issue until 12A
- Spare/Replacement scheduled for ULF-1
GPS system deactivated due to NaNdata sending GNC MDM to diagnostic mode.
- Workaround in place.
- Russian attitude data is prime.
Suspect PGTs replaced during 9A
No major anomalies
S-band high/low data rate operating nominally/Ku band operating nominally
SM Regul System – 2 of 3 strings operational
SMKurs set #2 has intermittent failures – no impact
VOA (air sample analyzer) – sporadically operational
TOCA (water sample analyzer) – operational
TEPC (real-time radiation monitor) – Determined failed. Returned on 11A.
Long-term plan in work.
TVIS – operating restrictions in place
CEVIS – Automatic mode drop-outs. Evaluating using manual mode for EVA
FGB EPS working nominally
SM EPS working nominally
P6 power channels 2B and 4B operating nominally
2B and 4B rotated as required for power
- RPCMs LAD22B-A, LAFWD-1B-A, LAFWD-1B-C, and LAD62B-A
- have bit flips on SRAM and cannot be refreshed
- No short term impact
- Spares available, if required
- Overall R&R plan being implemented to return suspect RPCMs
- to the ground
Lab ECLS systems operating as required
- CDRA operational in dual bed mode. (Valves replaced on 11A)
- FOD likely suspect for OCT problems. Parts will be inspected post-landing. Future plans TBD.
- MCA operational.
Node smoke detector #2 operational, but off due to dirty indication –
Still awaiting on-orbit troubleshooting
Cleaning procedure in work.
Airlock CCAA water separator R&R’d but 9A stage restrictions in place.
No constraint for 11A EVA operations.
SMVozdukh operating on 2 of 3 CO2 removal beds after minor repairs pre-
CO2 removal capability nominal
SM Elektron Fluid Unit repaired
All MDMs operational