- Press Release
- September 25, 2022
ISS MER Daily Report 18 Mar 2001
ISS MER Daily Report
STS 98/ISS 5A.1
GMT: 76:06:00 To GMT: 077:06:00
(12 a.m. 3-17-01 to 12:00 a.m. 3-18-01)
OVERALL SYSTEM STATUS:
ISS/Shuttle docked, ISS in control of attitude:
- FGB : SD 1,3,4 and 5 powered off do to telemetry problems, all other SD on, Dew Point 52.8 deg. F, 11.5 deg C (52.8 deg. F, 11.5 deg C); EPS: Nominal; Battery 6 offline in deep discharge (nominal). FGB Komparus failed and deactivated. C&DH: FGB-2 MDM on, FGB-1 MDM off.
- SM Elektron is off. Vozdukh is on. BMP status is on. CKB1 is on and in condensing mode; CKB2 is failed sensor and is non operational, powered off. Rapid depress response is off, Low-pressure warning is enabled. Dew Point 49.8 deg. F, 9.8 deg C (52.5 deg. F, 11.4 deg C). EPS: Nominal; Batteries in incomplete charge mode. SM ARCUs 22 online. SMTC: SMTC-1, 2 are operating in the redundant set. SMTC-3 was reported out of the set at GMT:2001/066:14:00 GMT; SMCC: SMCC 1, 2, and 3 are all operating in the redundant set. SMCC-1 is primary.
- NODE1 ACS: Pressure limiting inhibited. Both Node 1 PPRVs are not capped-MOD uncapped during PMA3 depress. IMV Fans: Node 1 Aft Port operating; all others off. IMV Valves: Node 1 aft port open and enabled; Aft Stbd closed and enabled; Port-fwd inhibited, Deck Aft is open and enabled; Deck Fwd is closed and enabled; Stbd both inhibited; Fwd both enabled and open. FDS: SD-1 enabled, SD-2 Smoke detector off due to RPC Trip. THC: Node 1 cabin fan is operating; RAMV (N1 side) is enabled in 90% cool for MPLM. C&DH: N1-2 MDM is primary, N1-1MDM is secondary
- LAB PCA: Lab PCA on and monitoring. Positive Pressure relief is enabled VRCV and VRIV are closed. IMV Vlv/Fans: aft IMV valves are enabled and open. Aft port IMV fan is on. Fwd Stbd IMV valve is enabled and open. Fwd Stbd IMV fan is on. FDS: Smoke detectors LAB1PD1, LAB1SD5, & LAB1D6 on. CCAA: LAB1P6 full up. CDRA: Fail state. TCCSS: Full up state. MCA: Operational and providing US lab and Node. Vacuum System: VRS & VES are closed. All VES RIVs are closed. Water Venting: Post Heat State. Condensation tank quantity indicates 70.3 lbm (70.42 lbm). Condensate "T" is not installed. Cabin Pressure: 14.66 psia (14.65), Cabin Temp 74.3 deg. F. (76.1 deg. F), ppCO2 is 3.1 mmHg (3.9 mmHg), ppO2 is 162.2mmHg (158.7 mmHg). EPS: is nominal., RWS-Lab UOP 7 had GFCI trip during checkout. RPCM N13B-A RPCM 16 (Node SD2) experienced an over current trip; TCS: ATCS &PTCS are nominal;. ITCS: LT and MT in dual loop mode. The low temperature 3-way mixing valve is in full flow through, with outlet temperature of 44.8 deg. F (7.1 deg. C). The moderate temperature 3-way mixing valve is controlling to outlet temperature to 63.3 deg. F (17.4 deg. C.) Rack temperatures are nominal. C&T: Ecomm is powered off. S-band: configured for HDR; Audio Subsystem: configured for IAC2 and operations are nominal. AUAI2S, RAIU 1 have PBIT Faults. Video System: Operational. CBCS: Video cabin from ISS to PMA2 and shuttle in check out testing. C&DH: C&C MDMs: 1 is primary, 2 is backup, 3 is in standby. INT MDM: INT-2 is operating, INT-1 is off. GNC MDMS: GNC-1 primary, GNC-2 backup; LA MDMs: LA-1, LA-2, and LA-3 operating.; PL MDM: PL-1 primary, PL-2 Standby
- Crew Systems: TVIS is operational with foot plate installed. IRED only one canister operational, no fix til 6A.
- MPLM : Temperature is 75.38 deg. F, 24.1 deg C. (76.8 deg. F, 24.8 deg C). (MPLM shell heaters have been turned off). Overhead Aft IMV enabled and open; Overhead Fwd IMV valve closed; cabin fan on, smoke detector on; PPRA 1, 2, and 3 are closed. MDM Operating.
- P6 : Both PCUs in discharge mode. PVCU MDM 2B is prime/4B Backup. BGAs in Auto Track Mode. EETCS Loops A&B running on A pumps; FCV enabled; PFCS line heater 1&2 for loop B and B operational. RPCMs: N13B-A & N14B-C have health flags. PMCU: PMCU-1 MDM primary, MPCU-2 off.
- GNC : ISS is currently flying in TEA ISS/CMG TA in control of Mated stack, Beta Angle 8.3 deg. Magnitude is decreasing (15.9 degrees and mag decreasing). Avg. altitude is 213.3 x 204.9 nm 395.1 x 379.4 km (211.7 x 203 nm; 392.18 x 376.02 km). S&M subsystems quiescent and operable.
Previously Reported Status
Last 24 Hours Status
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS:
Response Due (GMT)
Summary of Progress
(OPEN ISSMER CHITS —LATE ISSMER CHITS — NON ISSMER CHITS)
Chits without further MER Input required Chits that require MER Manager Action!
The following chits are all in Mission STS-098_5A
MOD to IPRUSSIA, ISSMER "5A Increment Full C&W Checkout Procedure"
3/9 MER-M is not ready to close this CHIT DO NOT CLOSE
ISSMER to IPRUSSIA,MOD "Russian Depress Sensor Status"
2/26 MOD response is in, need response from Russians
MOD to ISSMER "S-bd Forward Link Audio Demux Activity"
3/9 Expect info from HB and KSC today or tomorrow to close early next week. C&T Test scheduled for ISL on 3/22 to characterize data stream corruption of MRELP
MOD to ISSMER "Add NCS Loadshed Table 5 to Recon"
3/10 ISSMER response provided.
ISSMER to IPRUSSIA "SMCC lane drop on GMT day 0505"
MOD to ISSMER "LA 1,3 LLA 11 Channel Anomalies"
3/10 HSV says data will not be available until post-5A.1. C&DH has concurrence from ODIN that this is OK.
ISSMER to ??? — Loss of S-Band Forward Audio Detection and Recovery"
3/10 C&T still working this. When ready to open, transfer to a 5A.1 chit.
ISSMER to IMC, MOD, IPRUSSIA – "The Use of L200 Foam for Insulation Used around the SM Air Conditioner"
3/9 Want to add to 5A.1 Increment Ops job jar. HOLD Opening until after 5A.1 Mission. Should also transfer to 5A.1 Database.
The following chits are all in Mission STS-102_5A.1
IMC to IPRUSSIA, ISSMER, MOD — "REQUIREMENTS: Updates to Stage 5A.1 Priorities"
ISS MER Response Provided
MOD to ISSMER "Mass Properties Information for RSC-E Assembly & Config"
MER Response Complete
IPRUSSIA to MOD "S-Band timeline request"
IMC to IPRUSSIA, ISSMER, MOD, CSR "5A.1 ADD Docked Day to Flight for MPLM Stowage"
3/17 MER Response Completed
IPRUSSIA to MOD "Onboard Control Events Protocol & Data on C&W signals appearance in USOS"
IMC to IPRUSSIA, ISSMER, MER, MOD "5A.1 Transfer: FD9, Russian Manifest/Transfer List"
3/17 MER Response Provided
ISSMER to MOD, IMC "TVIS Imagery"
MOD to ISSMER; Request patch for PMCU dump packet time
Assigned to C&DH
MOD to ISSMER; Request fix for LA-1 MDM LLA 15 channel fails
Assigned to C&DH
IMC to CSR, ISSMER, MER, MOD "5A.1 Transfer: (Shuttle Middeck) FD9, US Manifest/Transfer List"
S&M , L&M has responded. Need to have schedule review.
IMC to ISSMER, MOD "USL Window Constraint"
IMC to MER; 5A.1 Transfer (MPLM): FD9, US Manifest/transfer list
"Request to Inhibit HRDL Fault Safing"
ISSMER to MOD; Ku-Band Software Mask Verification
Response Due (GMT)
Summary of Progress
The following chits are all in Mission STS-098_5A
ISSMER to MOD "Node 1 MDM CPU utilization dump requests"
The following chits are all in Mission STS-102_5A1
ISSMER to IPRUSSIA "Request for SMCC Lane Change Information"
MOD to ISSMER "S-Band RFG Antenna Self Test Failure"
IMC to CSR, ISSMER, MER, MOD "5A.1 Transfer (MPLM): FD8, US Manifest/Transfer List"
IMC to ISSMER, CSR, MOD "Requirements: Request for MACE II data download to PCMCIA"
ISSMER to MOD "Label SWIS Network Control Unit (NCU)"
ISSMER to MOD "Request BDTs to verify health of SSU 2B"
MER to MOD; Lab Condensate Dump Nozzle Preheat Time Out Workaround
ISSMER to MOD "Antenna Calibration to avoid SSU radiation"
IMC to CSR, ISSMER, MER, MOD "5A.1 Transfer (Shuttle Middeck): FD8, US Manifest/Transfer List"
MOD to ISSMER "MPLM Heater Activation Times"
ISSMER to IMC, MOD, CSR, MER "Return of Dessicant Bags"
Open Items for Investigation (IFIs)
PCU Tubes never reached temp when heaters active
3/6 Final solution in work. PRACA?
FPP Failure to Acquire Data
3/6 Need data from Eliason
EVA Tool does not fit TCS Nonpropulsive Vent bolt heat
3/8 Need to have details of EVA bolt resolution at KSC. Ready to close?
Burnt wires on veloergometer control box
3/6 Need data filled in by EV&CS
HRDL MSD Inaccessible
3/6 Need data filled in by C&DH
Node 1 PMA Duct Missing Parts
3/16 Need to find out from crew how duct was reconfigured following the Soyuz relocation. Parts are on orbit. Has the crew found them yet?
Treadmill Slats Broken
3/16 Need data filled in by EV&CS Have FIAR. Can close when IFI data filled in.
Station Vibration During TVIS Exercise
3/16 Need data filled in by S&M or EV&CS? Waiting for IWIS data.
Periodic Annunciation of S-Band XPDR Non-critical Failure advisories
3/8 Need Software PR. Needs to go to ASCB to get approval to write PR. C&T and C&DH working this.
S-Band BSP Loss of Forward link Audio Channel RELP Sync
3/7 Close to S/W PR 2124? C&T confirming with MEIT data that this is the same problem.
Hitch Pin on WIF adapter Separated from Lanyard
3/16 Have FIAR. EV&CS providing additional data for closure.
Audio Subsystem AUAI2S PBIT Indication
3/7 Hardware is working. C&T needs additional data dumps to diagnose problem. Check PBIT chit.
C&C-2 MDM Switched to Diagnostic from Primary
3/8 PPL uploaded. Still in work by ASCB?
SM KURS-P "Not Normal" Indication
SM Nadir Port Set 1 Self test failed twice. MCC-M plans to test on aft port to try isolate problem to the cable. SM Aft port test passed 3/16 VI/Jack Bacon working this. Need to fill in IFI data.
BGA Observed vs Commanded Position (part 3)
3/16 Non problem, but need NASA S/S Manager concurrence. Need Flt Rule CR to document reqt to lock BGAs?
OCA Intermittent Operation
3/7 – Need data and plan filled in by C&T
Echo on S-Band (Ground)
3/8 Troubleshooting procedure uplinked to crew (OCA 1652). Troubleshooting planned post5A.1.
CCS-2 MSD Year incorrect for Filename : LDF.txt
3/7 – Need data filled in (from Funny Database?) by C&DH
S-BAND Gimbal Temperatures
3/16 Have PR20449. Ready to close?
N1-2 MDM EEPROM Checksum Error
3/16 MER C&DH working issue. Need SW PR.
4B BGA Latch #2 Failure to engage
4B BGA Motor Current Trip
Circles on Nadir CBM flange photographed
Center line Berthing system unusable
Internal Audio Controller (IAC) #1 Failover to IAC#2
DDCU LA3B Output Voltage Bias higher than expected with Converter off
S Band RFG Bit Summary
MPLM RPC-11 Output Voltage above expected value when off.
Node 1 8A Heater Forced to "Enable to Operate"
Rack K-Bar Fit Problems
UOP Trip During RWS Activation
N1-3B-A RPC 16 Overcurrent Trip
Lab Port water vent heaters did not achieve expected temperature.
S Band Radiation of STBD SSU
PCS Log Download Failure
Loss of PFR Attachment Device (PAD)
EV&CS will work this week of 3/19
PMA3 Connector P601 Unable to throw bail on stowage receptacle
EV&CS will enter data and complete week of 3/19
SM Gas Mask has 13 mm tear
ECLSS is working
Lab Fwd end cone Dzus fastener (Panel D0-D02)
PRACA generated; pending crew call down of panel removal and replace to ensure no further issue exists.
Low Water Vent Quantity
GLAs turned off during Egress of MPLM
Damaged Threads on MPLM Passive alignment guide
Closed Items for Investigation (IFIs)
MTSAS Active Capture Latch Turn Count
RPC Tripped during LTA Activation
DZUS Fastener on Lab Panel 1S7_03
BGA Transition to Blind Mode Unexpectedly
P608 Dust Cap Cover
Node 1 3A Heater 3A & 8A Command Status Wrong
SSC Network not Functioning
OCA Headset Cable Failure
SKV 2 Shutdown Due to Oil Pressure Sensor
EEATCS Loop A Radiator Return Temperature Spikes
Unexpected momentum/attitude disturbances
Seat Track Fit Problem
MPLM ELPS Current
N1N/MPLM Vestibule Closeout
Lab Condensate Tank Leak fail indication