- Press Release
- Dec 8, 2022
Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the NASA New Horizons Mission
NASA’s Notice of Availability (NOA) for the New Horizons Draft EIS was published in the Federal Register on Friday, February 25, 2005 (70 FR 9387); here is a PDF copy of the NOA (58 KB). This NOA contains information for submission of comments on the Draft EIS and on the public comment meetings NASA will hold in Cocoa, Florida, on March 29 and 30, 2005. Comments submitted to NASA are requested no later than 4:30 PM EST, April 11, 2005.
Here, in a single Acrobat® PDF file, is the New Horizons Draft EIS (6,858 KB). This file contains navigation bookmarks.
Alternately, sections of the document are available in the following, smaller PDF files. These files do not contain navigation bookmarks.
- Front Section: Abstract, Executive Summary, Table of Contents, and Chapter 1 (Purpose and Need for the Action) (691 KB)
- Chapter 2 (Description and Comparison of Alternatives) (2,415 KB)
- Chapter 3 (Description of the Affected Environment) (2,512 KB)
- Back Section: Chapter 4 (Environmental Consequences), Chapter 5 (List of Preparers), Chapter 6 (Angencies, Organizations and Individuals Consulted), Chapter 7 (Index), and Chapter 8 (References) (650 KB)
- Appendices: Appendix A (Glossary of Terms), Appendix B (Effects of Plutonium on the Environment), and Appendix C (Environmental Justice Analysis) (647 KB)