- Status Report
- August 11, 2022
American Society for Gravitational and Space Research (ASGSR) is Searching for a New Executive Director
Dear ASGSR Community,
The ASGSR society is searching for a new Executive Director to help our manage the operations of our society as well as advocate for space life and physical sciences.
The Executive Director will coordinate, implement and execute all aspects of ASGSR’s business, including management of daily operations in cooperation with the Governing Board of the Society and directed strategies that enhance ASGSR operations. The Executive Director will be a public policy representative of ASGSR and expected to help formulate and direct Society strategic initiatives.
Duties for the Executive Director will include: supporting the ASGSR President and Governing Board in achieving organizational goals and strategic initiatives; optimizing financial functions of the ASGSR; building corporate relations and investment into ASGSR; coordinating with the meeting management company and organizing committee of the ASGSR annual meeting; overseeing the development of grants in support of ASGSR function; and building positive relationships with NASA as well as other internal and external stakeholders of ASGSR.
Executive Director Responsibilities:
– Oversee day-to-day business operations of ASGSR and coordinate with Governing Board.
– Assist the President and Governing Board in drafting and implementing organization policies and action plans as determined by the bi-annual Board meetings.
– Develop annual advocacy statements for external release in coordination with the Chair of the External Affairs Committee and the Board.
– Coordinate advocacy strategy plan incl uding the identification of key policy makers and external stakeholders as well as organize annual congressional visits.
– Assist the Secretary Treasurer in developing and maintaining sound financial practices and operating within budget guidelines.
– Develop, track and manage the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization, such as establishing organizational sponsor strategies.
– Assist the Executive Committee (President-elect, President and Past-President) in the development and submittal of grants for the society.
– Negotiate and provide oversight to the annual meeting and spring Board meeting coordination and planning.
– Serve as liaison with exhibitors and organizational sponsors on annual meeting-related matters.
– Form relationships with congressional policy makers and partnerships with other organizations involved in space research.
Executive Director Requirements:
– Candidates should have two or more years in a senior management position or in executive association management
– Bachelor’s degree required. A Master’s in Business Administration, or equivalent, is preferred.
– Familiarity with space exploration, aerospace science, and government and agency interactions is preferred.
– Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, administrative, management, marketing, financial management and computer skills.
– Some travel is required.
Please submit resume and a detail cover letter that includes contact information for three professional references to presidentASGSR2021@gmail.com by March 1, 2021.
Direct inquiries to Dr. Jamie Foster, President, ASGSR.