- Press Release
- Oct 3, 2022
National Aviation Hall of Fame Enshrinement Class of 2019 Honored on September 28, 2019 in Denver, Colorado
The 57th Annual NAHF Enshrinement & Ceremony, widely recognized as the “Oscar Night of Aviation,” will take place at Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Musuem in Denver, Colorado on September 28, 2019. The evening will begin with a reception at 6:00 p.m. with a dinner and program to follow at 7:00 p.m. Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum is located at 7711 East Academy Boulevard Denver, CO 80230-6929
Colonel Guion “Guy” S. Bluford, USAF (Ret)- Ph.D. aerospace engineer, fighter pilot, decorated Vietnam veteran, instructor pilot, NASA Group 8, mission specialist on four Space Shuttle missions.
(The late) Colonel Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC- Congressional Medal of Honor Awardee, “Flying Tiger” combat pilot and flight leader, WWII fighter ace, CO of the “Black Sheep Squadron”, WWII POW.
Brigadier General Charles M. Duke, Jr., USAF (Ret)- USNA graduate, test pilot, NASA Group 5, CAPCOM Apollo 11, LMP Apollo 16, 10th person to walk on the moon.
Mrs. and Mr. Martha & John King– 40 year veterans of aviation instruction, revolutionary pioneers of multimedia training programs that have instructed more than half the pilots in the U.S. flying now.
(The late) Ms. Katherine Stinson– 4th female in the U.S. to earn a pilot’s certificate, founder of the Stinson School of Flying (1915), trained WWI military pilots, first woman to carry airmail, exhibition circuit pilot, set multiple distance and endurance records.
Also attending the Enshrinement Ceremony will be ten returning Enshrinees who span generations and aviation history.
- 2017 Enshrinee Major General Charles Bolden, USMC (Ret) Former NASA Administrator and Astronaut
- 2009 Enshrinee Colonel Eileen Collins, USAF (Ret) Test Pilot and Space Shuttle Commander
- 2018 Enshrinee Colonel Walter Cunningham, USMC (Ret) Fighter Pilot, Apollo 7 Astronaut
- 2018 Enshrinee General Ron Fogleman, USAF (Ret) Command Pilot, 15th Chief Of Staff USAF
- 2013 Enshrinee Captain Robert Gibson, USN (Ret) Test Pilot, Engineer and Space Shuttle Commander
- 2014 Enshrinee Mr. Dale Klapmeier, Co-Founder, President, and Former CEO of Cirrus Aircraft
- 2015 Enshrinee Mr. Gene Kranz, Aerospace Engineer and NASAA Flight Director
- 2010 Enshrinee Mr. Clay Lacy, Record Setting Pilot and Business Aviation Entrepreneur
- 2011 Enshrinee Colonel Charles McGee, USAF (Ret) Record Setting Combat Pilot and Tuskegee Airman
- 2011 Enshrinee Dr. S. Harry Robertson, Pilot, Engineer, and Inventor
Other notable attendees include:
- Mr. Michael Quiello, Chairman of the National Aviation Hall of Fame and Vice President of Corporate Safety, United Airlines
- Ms. Amanda Wright Lane, Great-grandniece of Orville and Wilbur Wright
- Mr. Steve Dickson, Administrator, Federal Aviation Administration
- Mr. Mark Armstrong, son of 1979 Enshrinee Mr. Neil Armstrong
- Brigadier General Marcus Annibale, USMC, Director, Strategy and Plans Division, Plans, Policies and Operations, Headquarters, Marine Corps
- Air Commodore James Linter, Royal Air Force, Air Attache Washington
SPONSORS AND SUPPORT
The 57th Annual National Hall of Fame Enshrinement is made possible with the generous support of partners, including Cirrus Aircraft, United Airlines, GE Aviation, Boom Supersonic, Southwest Airlines, PerformAir International, Scotts Miracle-Gro, Aviation Partners, Hillwood/Perot Company, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Rolls-Royce North America, Williams International, GAMA, AAPI, AOPA, NBAA, Dayton (Ohio) CVB, Centennial Airport, FedEx, CAE, Wings Over the Rockies, Textron and Oliver Wyman.
SOCIAL MEDIA PARTICIPATION
Since its foundation through an Act of Congress in 1964, the National Aviation Hall of Fame (NAHF) has been dedicated to honoring America’s aerospace pioneers. Considered by many to be a true national treasure, the NAHF has served as the only Congressionally-chartered aviation hall of fame for over 50 years and works tirelessly to confidently promote the vision, innovation, skill and courage of the national heroes who lent their genius to further our nation’s aerospace legacy.
Located in Dayton, OH, the NAHF Learning and Education Center is committed to informing the public of American aviation heroes, their accomplishments and their impact on advances in aviation from Early Flight to Space Travel. The NAHF strives to create a distinctive educational resource that will inspire future generations to appreciate our nation’s extraordinary aviation heritage and the men and women who created it.
MEDIA RSVP REQUIRED:
Please contact Amy Spowart at (937) 256-0944 ext. 11 or email@example.com
to attend any part of the event or arrange interviews with any participants.