- Press Release
- Nov 28, 2022
NASA Awards California Science Grants
NASA’s Science Mission Directorate, Solar System Exploration Division, Washington, selected several California institutions for grants to support the agency’s Mars Fundamental Research Program.
NASA solicited proposals to cultivate and pursue the most innovative scientific research concerning the myriad of unknowns about atmospheric, climatological, and geologic processes on Mars. The program offers opportunities to researchers interested in Mars but who are not yet prepared to work exclusively with actual mission data.
The research also supports the Vision for Space Exploration, NASA’s long- term plan to return astronauts to the moon and extend exploration to Mars and beyond. Institutions and maximum grants’ value:
- — SETI Institute, Mountain View: $483,932
- — NASA’s Ames Research Center, Moffett Field: $290,000
- — University of California, Santa Cruz: $300,403
- — NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena: $924,954
- — Caltech, Pasadena: $465,942
For a list of selected companies on the Web, visit: http://sbir.nasa.gov