- Press Release
- Oct 6, 2022
Hop-On Jet Service, JSX, Becomes The First Air Carrier to Adopt Revolutionary Starlink High Speed Internet Service
JSX, the world’s highest rated hop-on air carrier, today announces it has selected SpaceX’s Starlink as its Wi-Fi provider. With travelers eagerly demanding better inflight Wi-Fi offerings, JSX has placed an order to begin outfitting 100 aircraft operating across the United States with this cutting-edge new technology, with the first Starlink-equipped JSX plane taking flight later this year. The service will be offered to all JSX Customers at no charge and will not require logging in or other complexities associated with legacy systems.
“Our Customers have repeatedly asked us when we would offer inflight Wi-Fi, and we’ve said that we’ll do it when we find the best product in the world. Today, I’m proud to say, we’ve found it and the wait for Wi-Fi on JSX is nearly over,” remarks JSX CEO Alex Wilcox. “Starlink’s technology will change the way JSX Customers access and enjoy the Internet while inflight and demonstrates another example of how our forward-thinking model of flying delivers the most simple, joyful, and seamless air travel experience available in the skies.”
“High-speed, low-latency internet is critical in our modern age, and during air travel is no exception,” said SpaceX Vice President of Starlink Commercial Sales Jonathan Hofeller. “With Starlink, we’re able to provide an internet experience similar to or better than what passengers experience at home. We are creating a future that when all customers walk on to the plane, the internet just works – no hassles, no logins. By being the first air carrier to adopt Starlink, JSX is setting this new standard for air travel.
JSX will work closely with SpaceX to certify, test, and outfit the air carrier’s growing fleet, with the first fully equipped JSX aircraft anticipated to take flight later this year. Delivering a seamless surfing experience, free access to Starlink Wi-Fi inflight is another world’s first in JSX’s class-defining suite of complimentary amenities.
Founded in 2016, JSX is a hop-on jet service that’s faster on the ground, more comfortable in the air, and competitively priced. Recognized as among the top 5 “Most Innovative Companies for 2020” byFast Company in the travel category and honored by Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) as the world’s only 2022 ‘Five-Star Regional Airline’ for a second consecutive year in a row and as the 2020 “Best Overall Air Carrier in North America” air carrier–JSX is dramatically improving air travel for thousands of travelers each month by offering the hassle-free, crowd-free experience of flying between private terminals on 30-seat, Embraer ERJ aircraft. For over half a decade, JSX has amassed a reputation for joyful, simple, and reliable air travel by carving out a new category of flying it calls ‘hop-on jet service’ for all, dramatically reducing the dwell time while improving the experience of air travel.
JSX offers many industry-leading features including:
- Allowing customers to check-in just 20 minutes before their flight from beautifully appointed, spacious private terminals
- No long check-in lines and fast, effortless, TSA-accepted security
- A bright, spacious, modern cabin interior featuring 30 leather seats with business class legroom, no middle seats, and power outlets at every row
- Added complimentary amenities for all customers such as two checked bags (including golf bags, skis, and snowboards), drinks, snacks, and cocktails inflight
- Planeside Baggage retrieval within minutes of arrival
- Enhanced cleaning protocols including aircraft disinfection, increased touchpoint cleanings, and installation of hospital-grade HEPA filters onboard
JSX proudly serves Austin (AUS), Burbank (BUR), Concord/Napa (CCR), Dallas Love Field (DAL), Houston Hobby (HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Monterey (MRY), Oakland (OAK), Orange County (SNA), Phoenix (PHX), San Diego (SAN), Reno-Tahoe (RNO), and Westchester County (HPN), with seasonal service to Destin (DSI).
JSX flights may be booked directly through www.jsx.com, the JSX mobile app, or through codeshare partner JetBlue. JSX’s 30-seat jets may be chartered for group trips, corporate events, or other travel needs. For a custom quote, please email email@example.com.
Corporate Social Responsibility
JSX remains committed to championing equality, diversity, and inclusion in the community. As an air carrier, JSX connects loved ones, colleagues, and businesses everywhere it flies, and is not just nondiscriminatory, but highly and intentionally inclusive.
JSX works closely with the following organizations to actively create opportunities for people everywhere it flies:
- Partnership and membership with OBAP (Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals), NGPA (National Gay Pilots Association), Women in Aviation International, Latino Pilots Association, PPOT (Professional Pilots of Tomorrow), and AWAM (Association for Women in Aviation Maintenance)
- Recognized by the Human Rights Campaign with a 100% score on the 2020, 2021, and 2022 Corporate Equality Index, based on benefit programs, policies, and practices
- Awarded “Top Workplaces USA” and “Top Workplaces in the Bay Area” in 2021 by Energage
- Strategic partnerships with various Historically Black Colleges and Universities, creating internship and job opportunities for students not normally exposed to career paths in aviation
- The first air carrier certified as Autism-Aware by Autism Double Checked
For more information, please contact:
Modern Currency PR