- Press Release
- Dec 2, 2022
Contractors, Support Teams Honored for Support of NASA Marshall at 2016 Marshall Small Business Alliance Meeting
Several large and small business prime contractors, subcontractors and civil-service teams were honored for their success and support of aerospace business with NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, during the semi-annual Marshall Small Business Alliance meeting Sept. 22.
Hosted by Marshall at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, the awards recognize companies, teams and individuals demonstrating success and sustainable achievement toward meeting NASA’s aerospace missions.
Marshall speakers included Steve Miley, director of the Office of Procurement; Jonathon Pettus, director of the Office of Chief Information Officer; Jim Turner, associate director for technical management of the Engineering Directorate; Johnny Stephenson, director of the Office of Strategic Analysis & Communications; and small business specialist David Brock.
The Marshall Center-level award recipients in the categories of Large and Small Business Prime Contractors of the Year, Small Business Subcontractor of the Year, Technical Support Person of the Year and Procurement and Program Support Teams of the Year are eligible candidates for NASA’s agency-level Small Business Industry Awards.
Established in 2007, the Small Business Alliance helps small businesses pursue NASA procurement, subcontracting and mentor protégé opportunities. NASA civil service employees nominate eligible individuals and organizations for awards. A panel of NASA business procurement officials evaluates each nominee’s cost-conscious business practices, innovative processes and adoption of new technologies, as well as their overall contributions to NASA’s mission and the agency’s Small Business Program.
The 2016 award recipients include:
- Large Business Prime Contractor of the Year: Jacobs Engineering Inc. of Huntsville
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year: Cepeda Systems & Software Analysis Inc. of Madison, Alabama
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year: Linc Research Inc. of Huntsville
Small Business Prime Contractor Excellence Award Recipients:
- Bastion Technologies Inc. of Houston
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Research Corp. of Huntsville
- MTS of Huntsville
Small Business Subcontractor Excellence Award Recipients:
- AMRO Fabricating Inc. of South El Monte, California
- ePRO LLC. of Houston
- Leda Corp. of Huntington Beach, California
- Quadrus Corp. of Huntsville
- Tec-Masters Inc. of Huntsville
- The University of Nevada – Las Vegas
Mentor Protégé Program Participation Award:
- Aerojet Rocketdyne of Huntsville; and ICO Rally, of Palo Alto, California
- Jacobs Engineering Inc. and Linc Research, Inc.
- Teledyne Brown Engineering of Huntsville; and The University of Nevada – Las Vegas
- The Boeing Company of Chicago; and AMRO Fabricating Inc.
- URS Federal Services Inc. an AECOM Company of Cleveland, Ohio; and Seabrook Solutions Inc. of Huntsville
HUBZone Initiative Team of the Year: James Bailey, David Brock, Kathy Cooper and Jon Pearson
Program Team of the Year: Historically Black Colleges & Universities / Minority Serving Institutions Initiative – Tracey Randall, Tammy Rowan, Jennifer Simmons and Dr. Frank Six
Technical Person of the Year: Jim Turner
Small Business Technical Coordinator of the Year: Virginia Lynn Garrison
Small Business Program Leadership Awards: Chris Jackson and Patty Pierson
To learn more about NASA’s Office of Small Business, visit:
Follow NASA’s Office of Small Business on Social Media at: