- Press Release
- Oct 1, 2022
Call for Content Issued for AIAA’s New Space Conference ASCEND
ASCEND, happening 16–18 November 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada, will focus on three macro themes:
- Accelerating the near-term commercialization of space
- Enabling the long-term human exploration and settlement of space
- Exploring the security, policy, and legal ramifications of space endeavors
Scientists, engineers, economists, educators, legal professionals, artists, investors, and entrepreneurs are among the wide range of experts invited to submit content. ASCEND will explore emerging space-related applications and opportunities across all industries such as aerospace, agriculture, construction, entertainment, hospitality, manufacturing, mining, pharmaceuticals, and telecommunications.
Call for Content categories include, but are not limited to:
- Defining the space economy
- Education, outreach and workforce development
- Information systems and software
- National science priorities
- National security space
- Space exploration architectures and enabling infrastructures
- Space life sciences and systems
- Space policy and law
- Space resource utilization
- Space traffic management and integration
- Transformative research and technologies
Subject-matter experts may submit to lead an engagement session, or present technical papers on their work in progress, completed research, and case studies. Submissions will be accepted at ascend.events/cfc through 17 March 2020.
Media contact: Michele McDonald, 703.264.7542, michelem@aiaa.
ASCEND stands for Accelerating Space Commerce, Exploration and New Discovery, and is designed to bring together technical and business leaders to solve problems that affect the entire planet and beyond. Launched by AIAA, ASCEND’s inaugural event will occur 16–18 November 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, please visit www.ascend.events, or follow ASCEND on Twitter, Facebook or Linked
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is the world’s largest aerospace technical society. With nearly 30,000 individual members from 85 countries, and 95 corporate members, AIAA brings together industry, academia, and government to advance engineering and science in aviation, space, and defense. For more information, www.aiaa.org, or follow AIAA on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.