- Press Release
- August 18, 2022
Annual NASA Day of Remembrance at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex – Thursday, January 27, 2022
WHAT: NASA, in partnership with the Astronauts Memorial Foundation and Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, will host NASA’s Day of Remembrance on Thursday, January 27. The ceremony will take place at the Space Mirror Memorial in the visitor complex and will honor all astronauts who have sacrificed their lives while furthering the cause of space exploration and discovery.
Scheduled to speak at the ceremony are Thad Altman, president and CEO of the Astronauts Memorial Foundation and Kelvin Manning, deputy director, NASA Kennedy Space Center. The commemoration will include a wreath laying ceremony and attendees will be given flowers to pay respects to our fallen heroes.
As always, the health and safety of employees and guests is the highest priority for Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recommendations, the visitor complex has implemented safety protocols to ensure a trusted space. Additional details are available at: www.kennedyspacecenter.com/info/coronavirus.
The ceremony will be streamed live on Kennedy Space Center’s Facebook page at 10 a.m. ET on Thursday, Jan. 27.
**Interview opportunities will be available. **
WHEN: Thursday, January 27, 2022
– Media arrival: 9:45 a.m.
– Ceremony begins: 10 a.m.
WHERE: Space Mirror Memorial
– Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
– Thad Altman, president and CEO, the Astronauts Memorial Foundation
– Kelvin Manning, deputy director, NASA Kennedy Space Center
– Sheryl Chaffee (daughter of astronaut Roger Chaffee)
– Lowell Grissom (brother of astronaut Gus Grissom)
– Kathie Scobee Fulgham (daughter of Space Shuttle Challenger Commander Dick Scobee)
– Evelyn Husband Thompson (widow of Space Shuttle Columbia Commander Rick Husband)
– Therrin Protze, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
*Speakers and attendees subject to change
To attend this event, please RSVP to:
Rebecca Shireman at email@example.com, (321) 213-5926
Jordan Lusby at firstname.lastname@example.org, (443) 844-0754