- Press Release
- Oct 4, 2022
Airport Experts Gather at NASA Ames to Plan for the Future
Experts from NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the nation’s airports will gather at NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif., on Sept. 8-9, 2005, for a NASA/Industry Airport Planning Workshop to discuss how to improve future airports. The conference will be held in the Eagle Room, bldg. 943, next to the NASA Exploration Center. News media representatives are invited to attend the workshop.
During the two-day conference, keynote speakers and expert panelists will discuss how advances in technology, new federal guidelines, and testing and feedback can affect airport planning and expansion. Topics to be addressed during the conference include airport planning challenges and concerns; advances in technology used for airport planning; and improving airport safety.
Experts from NASA’s FutureFlight Central, a high-fidelity airport control tower simulator and test facility, are hosting the two-day workshop.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, Sept. 8
- 9:00 a.m. PDT Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 9:30 a.m. PDT Keynote Speaker- James Crites, executive vice president of operations, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- 10:30 a.m. PDT Workshop 1 – Airport Planning Challenges & Concerns
- 1:30 p.m. PDT Tour of Simulation Facilities at NASA Ames
- 3:30 p.m. PDT Workshop 2 – Airport Planning Technology Evolution
Friday, Sept. 9
- 9:00 a.m. PDT Workshop 3 – Designs to Improve Airport Safety
- 10:45 a.m. PDT Closing Remarks
To reach NASA Ames, take the Moffett Field exit from U.S. Highway 101, drive east and make a right turn just before the main gate. Parking is located behind the white tent. Building 943 (look for a blue awning) is the public affairs building. To arrange interviews with conference speakers and panelists, contact Jonas Dino at 650/604-5612.
For a detailed schedule of events and more information about the NASA/Industry Airport Planning Workshop, visit:
For more information about NASA’s FutureFlight Central: