- Press Release
- Dec 3, 2022
2016 National Aerospace & Defense Summit Set for Washington D.C.
· American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) National Aerospace & Defense (A&D) Workforce Summit.
· Summit will discuss the strength of the aerospace and defense workforce and will consider what can be done to create an even stronger and more resilient workforce than exists now.
· Summit will also discuss the state of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education in our nation’s schools and what can be done to strengthen instruction in those areas.
· Summit represents industry, government, and academia coming together to chart new strategies for ensuring a robust aerospace workforce.
· Wednesday, September 7 – Thursday, September 8
· Capital Hilton Hotel, 1001 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036
Who: Speakers include:
· Jay Bennett, vice president, Human Resource Operations, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
· Reginald Brothers, under secretary, Science Technology Directorate, Department of Homeland Security
· Richard Celeste, former governor of Ohio
· Ralph DeNino, vice president, procurement, L-3 Communications
· Pamela M. Erickson, vice president, corporate affairs, Raytheon Corporation
Carole Hedden, editorial director, Aviation Week Executive Intelligence
· Mike Honda, congressman (D-California)
· Tim Scott, senator (R-SC)
· Lisa Teague, head, research and technology, Rolls-Royce Indianapolis
· Jeff Wilcox, vice president, engineering and program operations, Lockheed Martin Corporation
To view the National Aerospace & Defense (A&D) Workforce Summit’s agenda and its entire speaker list, please visit: http://www.cvent.com/events/2016-national-aerospace-defense-workforce-summit/custom-19-124b0bf204de4fe884dc100fd44ade92.aspx
For more information on the National Aerospace & Defense (A&D) Workforce Summit, please contact Duane Hyland at AIAA at email@example.com or 703.264.7558, or Dan Stohr at AIA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.358.1078. Summit registration is complimentary for credentialed members of the press.
AIAA is the world’s largest aerospace professional society, serving a diverse range of more than 30,000 individual members from 88 countries, and 95 corporate members. AIAA members help make the world safer, more connected, more accessible, and more prosperous. For more information, visit www.aiaa.org, or follow us on Twitter @AIAA
Founded in 1919 shortly after the birth of flight, the Aerospace Industries Association is the most authoritative and influential trade association representing the nation’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of civil, military and business aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aircraft systems, space systems, aircraft engines, homeland and cybersecurity systems, materiel and related components, equipment services and information technology. For more information, visit www.aia-aerospace.org, or follow us on Twitter @AIAspeaks.