- Press Release
- Jun 9, 2023
ISU’s New Master of Science (MSc): Space Studies, Accredited by ASIIN
On its 36th anniversary, the International Space University is revolutionizing space education by introducing a brand-new accredited Master of Science (MSc) in Space Studies, taking 18 months to complete.
The MSc Space Studies is designed to prepare students, from a diverse range of educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds, to become interdisciplinary space professionals, ready to meet the needs of the rapidly developing space sector. The space sector is increasingly integrated with other economic sectors, and international cooperation and multi-stakeholder partnerships are key for innovative space endeavors.
The program set out over three semesters, provides graduates with a critical knowledge at the interface of all space disciplines. In view of the increasing impact of the NewSpace sector, special emphasis is given to entrepreneurial aspects, covering the creation and financing of space start-ups as well as a solid knowledge of project management techniques.
The curriculum includes the choice of three tracks in the second semester:
- Track 1: Space Engineering and Applications
- Track 2: Space Science and Exploration
- Track 3: Space Policy and Entrepreneurship
ISU’s resident faculty is delighted to offer “ISU’s brand-new Master’s degree program, accredited by ASIIN, a global leader in quality assurance in higher education”.
Newly appointed ISU Dean, Dr. Su Yin Tan comments: “ISU is a unique organization counting 160 faculty members plus a myriad of experts, preparing the students for the game-changing space endeavors.”
By choosing ISU’s MSc in Space Studies, students will benefit from:
- ISU’s 35-year tradition of educating the space leaders who are at the forefront of an ever-
booming space sector
- the worldwide uniqueness of the ISU approach through 3I education (international, intercultural, interdisciplinary)
- the strength of ISU’s global network of 5400 alumni shaping the international space ecosystem in 110 countries including amongst other astronauts and entrepreneurs
- the ISU incubator and entrepreneurial spirit that thrives at ISU. 100 space start-ups have been founded so far by ISU alumni in 27 countries.
- access to innovative space knowledge that no other university offers as well as top recruiters including amongst others ESA, NASA, Airbus Defence and Space, Blue Origin, PriceWaterHouse Cooper, SES, JAXA, Euroconsult, CASC, ispace, ISRO, NSR, Space X, Planet, Spire.
The fees for the accredited MSc in Space Studies, covering all tuition, are 32,000euro. The International Space University is provided funding from space agencies, government agencies and industry to help support its educational programs. This aid is available to applicants on the basis of their academic and professional merit and covers a portion of their tuition fees. ISU is approved for US Federal student loans from the US Department of Education. Student applications are submitted by 30 June 2023, online via www.isunet.edu/apply-online/
The program, which is set to commence on 04 September 2023 will be delivered at ISU’s Central Campus located in the Innovation Park of the vibrant and true student city of Strasbourg, France. For more information about the International Space University’s new MSc in Space Studies visit ISU’s website: www.isunet.edu
The International Space University, founded in 1987 in Massachusetts, US and now headquartered in Strasbourg, France, is the world’s premier international space education institution. It is supported by major space agencies and aerospace organizations from around the world. The graduate level programs offered by ISU are dedicated to promoting international, interdisciplinary and intercultural cooperation in space activities. ISU offers from September 2023, an accredited Master of Science in Space Studies program at its Central Campus in Strasbourg. Since the summer of 1988, ISU also conducts the highly acclaimed two-month Space Studies Program at different host institutions in locations spanning the globe and Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Program. ISU programs are delivered by over 100 ISU faculty members in concert with invited industry and agency experts from institutions around the world. Since its founding, more than 35 years ago, more than 5400 students from over 100 countries graduated from ISU. www.isunet.edu
Contact : Géraldine MOSER External Relations International Space University [email protected] +33 (0)3 88 65 54 49