- This event has passed.
NASA Artemis 1 Overview Media Briefing
August 3, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
NASA will host a pair of briefings on Wednesday, Aug. 3, and Friday, Aug. 5, to preview the upcoming Artemis I lunar mission. The agency is currently targeting no earlier than Monday, Aug. 29, for the launch of the Space Launch System rocket to send the Orion spacecraft around the Moon and back to Earth. The mission will take place over the course of about six weeks to check out systems before crew fly aboard on Artemis II.
The first briefing will provide an overview of the Artemis I mission, and the second briefing will dive deeper into the Artemis I mission timeline and spacecraft operations. Both briefings will air live on NASA Television, the NASA app, the agency’s website.
Briefing participants include (all times Eastern):
Wednesday, Aug. 3
11 a.m. – Artemis I mission overview briefing with the following participants:
– NASA Administrator Bill Nelson
– Bhavya Lal, associate administrator for technology, policy, and strategy, NASA Headquarters
– Mike Sarafin, Artemis I mission manager, NASA Headquarters
– Charlie Blackwell-Thompson, Artemis I launch director, NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida
– John Honeycutt, Space Launch System program manager, NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama
– Howard Hu, Orion program manager, NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston
This event will air live on NASA TV and media may join by telephone to ask questions. To participate by phone, media must send their full name, media affiliation, email address, and phone number no later than two hours prior to the start of the event to: [email protected]