Space Elevator concept.
Presented here is a list of Space Elevator papers, presentations and nooks. It is a work in progress. Suggestions are welcome. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any additions.
- Leaving the Planet by Space Elevator by Philip Ragan and Brad Edwards
- The Space Elevator: A Revolutionary Earth-to-Space Transportation System - Bradley Edwards
- Dynamics of Space Tether Systems (Advances in the Astronautical Sciences, Vol 83) - Vladimir V. Beletsky and Evgenii M. Levin
- Space Tethers and Space Elevators by Michael van Pelt
- Space Elevator Systems Architecture by Peter Swan and Cathy Swan
- Running the Line by Brad Edwards and David Raitt
- The Fountains of Paradise - Sir Arthur C. Clarke
- The Web Between The Worlds - Charles Sheffield
General Presentation for Public Talks
- Download the presentation. (Powerpoint) Provided by Brad Edwards of Carbon Designs Inc.
Other Documents in Chronological Order
(Permission was received from the authors to post their papers here.)
- The Space Elevator: 'Thought Experiment', or Key to the Universe? (HTML)
Sir Arthur C. Clarke Advances in Earth Oriented Applied Space Technologies. Vol. I, no. 1, 1981, pp. 39-48.
- Hypersonic Airplane Space Tether Orbital Launch System (PDF - 2 MB)
Thomas J. Bogar, Principal Investigator, McDonnell Douglas Corporation
Phase I Study - NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts, January 7, 2000.
- The space elevator: an ideal application for the free electron laser (PDF - 732 KB)
Bradley Edwards, Principal Investigator, Eureka Scientific/Institute for Scientific Research, Inc.
- The NIAC Space Elevator Program (PDF - 521 KB)
Bradley Edwards, Principal Investigator, Eureka Scientific/Institute for Scientific Research, Inc
- The Space Elevator (PDF - 16 MB)
Bradley Edwards, Principal Investigator, Eureka Scientific.
Phase I Study - NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts, Report June, 2000.
- Space Elevators - An Advanced Earth-Space Infrastructure for the New Millennium (PDF - 5 MB)
Compiled by D.V. Smitherman, Jr.
Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, Alabama, August 2000.
- Moon & Mars Orbiting Spinning Tether Transport (MMOSTT) (PDF - 13.8 MB)
Robert Hoyt, Principal Investigator, Tethers Unlimited, Inc.
Phase II Study - NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts, Final Report - August 31, 2001.
- Space Transport Development using Orbital Debris (PDF - 600 KB)
Joseph A. Carroll, Principal Investigator, Tether Applications, Inc.
Phase I Study - NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts, December 2, 2002.
- The Space Elevator (PDF - 2.8 MB)
Bradley Edwards, Principal Investigator, Eureka Scientific. Phase II Study - NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts, Final Report - March 1, 2003.
International Astronautical Congress 2004, October 4-8, Vancouver, Canada
- The Space Elevator Development Program, Dr. Brad Edwards, Carbon Designs, Inc. (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.2.01)
- Tethers as Far Mission Descent-Return Tools, Dr. Radu D. Rugescu, University "Politehnica" of Bucharest, (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.2.04)
- Disposal of Geosynchronous Satellites by Earth-Oriented Tethers, V. A. Chobotov, The Aerospace Corporation, (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.2.05)
- Design of a High-Tension Elastically Deforming Space Tether Deployer, Bas Lansdorp, Delft University of Technology, (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.2.08)
- Space Elevator Base Leg Architecture, Dr. Peter A. Swan, Teaching Science and Technology, Inc. (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.2.09)
- On the Performance of a Motorized Tether Using a Ballistic Launch Method, David J. McKenzie, University of Glasgow, (Session IAC-04-IAA.126.96.36.199)
- The Space Elevator and NASA's New Space Initiave, Dr. Brad Edwards, Carbon Designs, Inc. (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.3.01)
- Technology Development and Demonstration Concepts for the Space Elavator, David V. Smitherman, Jr, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.3.02)
- Lunar Transportation Scenarios Utilizing the Space Elevator, Kilian A. Engel, Technical University of Munich (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.3.04)
- Space Elevator Systems Level Analysis, Bryan Laubscher, Los Alamos National Laboratory (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.3.05)
- Safe Space Elevator - An Expectation to be Met Through a System Architecture Approach, Dr. Peter A. Swan, Teaching Science and Technology, Inc. (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.3.06)
- The Lunar Space Elevator, Jerome Pearson, STAR Inc. (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.3.07)
- The Space Elevator: Economics and Applications, Dr. David Raitt, European Space Agency - ESTEC (Session IAC-04-IAA.3.8.3.09)
International Astronautical Congress 2005, Fukuoka, Japan
International Astronautical Congress 2010, Prague, Czech Republic
- PRELIMINARY SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SPACE TOILET ON THE SPACE TRAIN, Akira Tsuchida
- TETHER ASSISTED NEAR EARTH OBJECT (NEO) DIVERSION, M.J. Mashayekhi
- LIGHT AND STRONG CNT FIBER SPUN WITH CNT WEB, M. Okada
- THE EFFECT OF DISTURBANCES ON SPACE ELEVATOR DYNAMICS WITH FLEXIBILITY, Ryotaro Ohkawa
- NUMERICAL DYNAMICS AND STABILITY STUDY FOR TWIN TETHERED OBJECTS, Prof. Radu Rugescu
- SPACE ELEVATOR ROAD MAP 2010, Akira Tsuchida
- COMFORTABLENESS IN SPACE ELEVATOR | PHYSIOLOGICAL CHALLENGE, Prof. Satoshi Iwase
- First Space Elevator: on the Moon, Mars or the Earth?, Peter A. Swan, Ph.D.