Synopsis - May 16, 2014
RESOLVE AVIONICS - Posted on May 16, 2014 New!
Solicitation Number: NNK14ZMS0003L
Posted Date: May 16, 2014
FedBizOpps Posted Date: May 16, 2014
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: No
Original Response Date: Jun 20, 2014
Current Response Date: Jun 20, 2014
Classification Code: 59 -- Electrical and electronic equipment components
NAICS Code: 334511
Contracting Office Address
NASA/John F. Kennedy Space Center, Procurement, Kennedy Space Center, FL 32899
NASA Kennedy Space Center is hereby issuing a Request for Information (RFI) for the purpose of seeking sources and soliciting information from private industry on Payload Avionics Systems and Avionics Elements to be used in a short duration lunar surface resource prospecting mission. This document is for information and planning purposes and to allow industry the opportunity to verify reasonableness and feasibility of the requirement, as well as promote competition.
This RFI is used solely for information planning purposes and does not constitute a solicitation. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this RFI are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. The Government is under no obligation to issue a solicitation or to award any contract on the basis of this RFI. The information provided in responses to this RFI will not be made public in an effort to protect any propriety company information. Nonetheless, respondents should clearly and properly mark any propriety or restricted data contained within its submission so it can be identified and protected. Respondents are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI. Responses to this RFI will not be returned, and respondents will not be notified of the result of the review.
Potential vendors should review all documents attached.
Responders to this RFI are encouraged to comment on any or all of the foregoing and to express their interest for any proposed acquisition by submitting the following information:
1) Lead Times – Describe typical lead times required for hardware procurement, assembly and testing.
2) The Vendor will specify any support, material, equipment, and/or permitting needed from NASA.
3) The Vendor should indicate any Requirements noted in this RFI that cannot be met with their capabilities. Should also indicate what needs to be provided by NASA so they can meet those requirements.
4) The Vendor should indicate which components of any proposed system currently exists as COTS, or slightly modified COTS. If significant NRE will be required to design or develop any new components of a proposed system, the Vendor shall identify these components as a “NEW DESIGN”.
5) The Vendor should explain any other proposed methods/capabilities they feel would meet or closely compare to the NASA Requirements based on their expertise/experience.
6) Cost: Although not mandatory for responding to this RFI, NASA requests the Vendor provide a ROM (Rough Order of Magnitude) cost estimate for this effort that can be used to develop budgetary forecasting. This information will be secured as proprietary information and not retained as a quote or for any potential procurement that may or may not be realized in the future.
6) Qualification and/or Flight Heritage: Although not required for responding to this RFI, NASA requests the vendor provide details on any previous qualification efforts or reports pertaining to any or all components used in their proposed design. This may include any tests, analyses, certifications, or specific flight history pertaining to a particular component (or system).
Vendors having the capabilities necessary to meet or exceed the stated requirements are invited to submit appropriate documentation, literature, brochures, and references. The vendor will be required to submit documentation demonstrating their Company’s core competencies (skill, knowledge, expertise, and vessels) and brief examples of past performance building similar equipment. Response to the RFI shall be limited to no more than 20 pages. Please advise if the requirement is considered to be a commercial or commercial-type product. A commercial item is defined in FAR 2.101.
All responses to this RFI shall be submitted to Christopher Zuber, no later than 4:00PM EST June 20, 2014. Please use reference number NNK14ZMS003L in any response. The response may be sent as one printed hardcopy or electronically as single Microsoft Word .doc and/or Microsoft EXCEL .xls file for each response. Any referenced notes may be viewed at the following URLs linked below.
In addition to whatever information the responder chooses to provide, each RFI response shall include a cover sheet with the following information: 1. RFI Solicitation Number and Title 2. Responding Organization (including address, POC and phone number) 3. A brief synopsis of the RFI response in less than 20 words 4. Section number your response is addressing 5. Potential partnerships (industry, international, US government agencies) 6. Whether your company would be available for a site visit
Additional information to be added as applies:
Responses must include the following: name and address of firm, size of business; average annual revenue for past 3 years and number of employees; ownership; whether they are large, or any category of small business*, number of years in business; affiliate information: parent company, joint venture partners, potential teaming partners, prime contractor (if potential sub) or subcontractors (if potential prime); list of customers covering the past five years (highlight relevant work performed, contract numbers, contract type, dollar value of each procurement; and point of contact - address and phone number).
NASA Clause 1852.215-84, Ombudsman, is applicable. The Center Ombudsman for this acquisition can be found at http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/pub/pub_library/Omb.html .
The solicitation and any documents related to this procurement will be available over the Internet. These documents will reside on a World Wide Web (WWW) server, which may be accessed using a WWW browser application. The Internet site, or URL, for the NASA/KSC Business Opportunities home page is http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/eps/bizops.cgi?gr=D&pin=76 It is the offeror's responsibility to monitor the Internet cite for the release of the solicitation and amendments (if any). Potential offerors will be responsible for downloading their own copy of the solicitation and amendments, if any.
Point of Contact
Name:Christopher A Zuber