From: Goddard Space Flight Center
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Synopsis - Apr 16, 2014
Solicitation Number: NNG14505931
Posted Date: Apr 16, 2014
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Apr 16, 2014
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: No
Original Response Date: Apr 25, 2014
Current Response Date: Apr 26, 2014
Classification Code: A -- Research and Development
NAICS Code: 541712
Contracting Office Address
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 210.S, Greenbelt, MD 20771
NASA/GSFC has a requirement for continued support for maintaining the active science productivity of the Voyager Magnetic Field Investigation for the magnetic field experiment.
NASA/GSFC intends to purchase the services from Leonard Burlaga, Sole Proprietor pursuant to FAR 13.106 for the acquisition of services and supplies determined to reasonably available from only one source. Vendor shall continue providing support for the following:
1. Oversee and coordinate activities relating to the process of the data from the magnetometer insturments on Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 with the aim of producing the highest quality data possible;
2. Identify problems related to the processing of the data and to changes in the instruments and the spacecraft magnetic fields, and aid in solving these problems;
3. Continue delivering high-quality data products to the NSSDC and other appropriate groups for dissemination to the scientific community;
4. Continue analyzing data on all scales possible in order to identify new scientific results concerning the structure and dynamics of the heliosheath and its interaction with the interstellar medium;
5. Continue publishing scientific results and present at scientific meetings.
The Government intends to acquire a commercial item using FAR Part 12.
Interested organizations may submit their capabilities and qualifications to perform the effort in writing to the identified point of contact not later than 2:30PM EST on April 26, 2014. Such capabilities/qualifications will be evaluated solely for the purpose of determining whether or not to conduct this procurement on a competitive basis. A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed effort on a full and open competition basis, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within the discretion of the government.
Oral communications ARE NOT acceptable in response to this notice.
All responsible sources may submit an offer which shall be considered by the agency.
NASA Clause 1852.215-84, Ombudsman, is applicable. The Center Ombudsman for this acquisition can be found at http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/pub/pub_library/Omb.html .
Point of Contact
Name: Tamika R Seaforth
Title: Simplified Acquisition Spec
// end //