From: Planetary Exploration Newsletter
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013
This Forum will present the status and a coherent picture of specific technologies useful to potential Venus Missions and discuss where they could be in 5-10 years. These technology evaluations and subsequent discussions will allow the community to be better educated when discussing the VEXAG's Venus Exploration Goals, Objectives and Investigations and Roadmap documents the following day at the VEXAG meeting. A draft of the Venus Exploration Technology Plan will be presented.
These questions will be addressed:
* What science opportunities for both near-term (< 10 years) missions and longer-term (> 10 years) missions are enabled by existing technologies? How are these opportunities limited by existing technology?
* What science goals are driving technology development? What technology synergies and crosscutting technologies have the potential for changing the way Venus science is accomplished?
* How should we prioritize technology development?
* What gaps in the technology developments are due to the lack of communication between scientists and technologists, hampering the achievement of science goals?
* Are there gaps in funding for Venus-related instruments and technology?
Instrument posters are encouraged for an evening session.
// end //