From: Goddard Space Flight Center
Posted: Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Synopsis - Feb 09, 2011
Solicitation Number: NNG11372715Q
Posted Date: Feb 09, 2011
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Feb 09, 2011
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: No
Original Response Date: Feb 24, 2011
Current Response Date: Feb 24, 2011
Classification Code: R -- Professional, administrative, and mgmt support services
NAICS Code: 541712 - Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Biotechnology)
Contracting Office Address
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 210.S, Greenbelt, MD 20771
NASA/GSFC has a requirement for support in maintaining the active scientific productivity of the Voyager Magnetic Field Investigation for the magnetic field experiment during the Voyager Interstellar Mission (VIM) phase.
NASA/GSFC intends to purchase these services from Leonard F. Burlaga, Sole Proprietor pursuant to FAR 13.106, for the acquisition of supplies or services determined to be reasonably available from only one source. The vendor shall:
1. Oversee and coordinate all activities related to the processing of data from the magnetometer instruments on Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 with the aim of producing the highest quality data possible;
2. Identify problems related to the processing of the data and to changes in the instruments and the spacecraft magnetic fields, and aid in solving these problems;
3. Deliver high-quality data products to the NSSDC and other appropriate groups for dissemination to the scientific community;
4. Analyze these data on all scales possible in order to identify new scientific results concerning the structure and dynamics of the heliosheath and its interaction with the interstellar medium;
5. Publish these scientific results and present at scientific meetings.
The Government does not intend to acquire a commercial item using FAR Part 12.
Interested organizations may submit their capabilities and qualifications to perform the effort in writing to the identified point of contact no later than 2:30PM EST on date listed above. Such capabilities/qualifications will be evaluated solely for the purpose of determining whether or not to conduct this procurement on a competitive basis. A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed effort on a full and open competition basis, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within the discretion of the government.
Oral communications are not acceptable in response to this notice.
All responsible sources may submit an offer which shall be considered by the agency.
The installation Ombudsman is Nancy A. Abell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Point of Contact
Name: Tamika R Seaforth
Title: Simplified Acquisition Spec
// end //