From: NASA Astrobiology
Posted: Sunday, October 2, 2016
The Astrobiology Early Career Collaboration Award offers research-related travel support for undergraduate, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and junior scientists. Applicants are encouraged to use these resources to circulate among two or more laboratories supported by the NASA Astrobiology Program (the NASA Astrobiology Institute, Exobiology and Evolutionary Biology, Planetary Science and Technology Through Analog Research, MatiSSE, PICASSO and the Habitable Worlds Programs), however any travel that is critical for the applicant’s research will be considered.
Travelers must be formally affiliated with a U.S. institution. Requests are limited to $5,000, and are accepted with yearly deadlines of April 1 and October 1.
How to Apply
To be considered for an Astrobiology Early Career Collaboration Award, please submit the following material to Melissa Kirven-Brooks at Melissa.Kirven-Brooks@nasa.gov
– the team(s) and researchers you plan to visit
– the approximate dates of travel
– a brief description of the research you plan to conduct at the hosting laboratory (include, for example, any technique you expect to learn, or equipment you will need to use) and how the collaboration is relevant to your research
– a budget describing what funds are required, and
– letters of recommendation from your faculty advisor and from the researcher(s) you plan to visit
// end //