From: NASA HQ
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015
NASA will hold a media briefing at 1 p.m. EDT Friday, July 17, to reveal new images of Pluto and discuss new science findings from Tuesday’s historic flyby.
The briefing will be held in James E. Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters, located at 300 E St. SW in Washington. NASA Television and the agency's website will carry the briefing live.
Participants in the briefing will be:
- Jim Green, director of Planetary Science at NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Alan Stern, New Horizons principal investigator at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) in Boulder, Colorado
- Randy Gladstone, New Horizons co-investigator at SwRI in San Antonio
- Jeffrey Moore, New Horizons co-investigator at NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California
- Fran Bagenal, New Horizons co-investigator, University of Colorado, Boulder
Media may participate by phone. To join the briefing by phone, reporters must email their name, affiliation and telephone number to Karen Northon at email@example.com by noon Friday.
Media and the public also may ask questions during the briefing on Twitter using the hashtag #askNASA.
For NASA TV streaming video, scheduling and downlink information, visit:
For more information on the New Horizons mission, including fact sheets, schedules, video and images, visit:
// end //