From: Griffin Communications Group
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
WHAT: The Inspiration Mars Foundation, a newly formed nonprofit organization led by American space traveler and entrepreneur Dennis Tito, invites you to attend a press conference detailing its plans to take advantage of a unique window of opportunity to launch an historic journey to Mars and back in 501 days, starting in January 2018. This "Mission for America" will generate new knowledge, experience and momentum for the next great era of space exploration. It is intended to encourage all Americans to believe again, in doing the hard things that make our nation great, while inspiring youth through Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education and motivation.
The Inspiration Mars Foundation is committed to accelerating America's human exploration of space as a critical catalyst for future growth, national prosperity, new knowledge and global leadership.
- Miles O'Brien, moderator
- Dennis Tito, chairman of Inspiration Mars Foundation and the first private space traveler
- Taber MacCallum, chief executive officer and chief technology officer of Paragon Space Development Corporation and crew member for two-year mission in Biosphere 2
- Dr. Jonathan Clark, associate professor of Neurology and Space Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine and space medicine advisor for the National Space Biomedical Research Institute
- Jane Poynter, president and chairwoman of Paragon Space Development Corporation and crew member for two-year mission in Biosphere 2
Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013 at 1 p.m.
- 45-minute press conference, followed by Q&A period
The National Press Club 529 14th St NW, 13th floor Washington D.C.
Space for this event is limited (news media only) Please respond to confirm your attendance. If you will not attend, you may transfer your invitation to another colleague. If a photographer or videographer will attend with you, please indicate this in your R.S.V.P. We request that all media R.S.V.P. by Monday, Feb. 25 to Jessica Ballard with Griffin Communications Group at (281) 335-0200 or JBallard@GriffinCG.com.
// end //