Date: 10-11 April 2014
Location: , Houston, TX US, 77058
Synopsis - Mar 26, 2014
Solicitation Number: NNJ14ZBG007LA
Posted Date: Mar 26, 2014
FedBizOpps Posted Date: Mar 26, 2014
Recovery and Reinvestment Act Action: No
Original Response Date: Apr 08, 2014
Current Response Date: Apr 08, 2014
Classification Code: 18 -- Space vehicles
NAICS Code: 481212
Contracting Office Address
NASA/Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, Houston Texas, 77058-3696, Mail Code: BG
NASA Johnson Space Center (NASA/JSC) plans to conduct an International Space Station (ISS) Commercial Resupply Services 2 (CRS2) Contract Industry Day. NASA/JSC is hereby soliciting firms to attend this event on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at the NASA/JSC Gilruth Center or online via online Lync. The presentation to industry will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Alamo Ballroom. One-on-One meetings will be scheduled on Friday, April 11, between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
CRS CONTRACT DESCRIPTION:
The CRS contract provides ISS delivery of pressurized and unpressurized cargo, return and disposal of pressurized cargo, disposal of unpressurized cargo, and ground support services for the end-to-end resupply mission. The supplies to be delivered by terms of the Contract include air, water, food, clothing, medicine, spare parts, and scientific experiments for use in the U.S. and International Partner experimental modules.
Please refer to the Request for Information (RFI) synopsis for additional background information to CRS2, including request for access to the technical library.
The goals of Industry Day and the One-on-One meetings are to:
1. Provide information on the current ISS Commercial Resupply Services Contract (CRS1)
2. Promote competition on the proposed new CRS2 acquisition.
3. Share the Government's current vision for the ISS Program.
4. Allow NASA/JSC to better utilize industry input to improve the future Request for Proposal (RFP).
Industry Day is open to all firms that are interested in pursuing contracting or subcontracting opportunities on the CRS2 procurement whether they have performed work with NASA or not. All interested parties are encouraged to attend.
No photographic or recording devices are permitted during the Industry Day presentation or one-on-one communication sessions.
A 45 minute open Question and Answer Session will follow the Industry Day presentation. Official answers to questions submitted in writing will be posted to the CRS2 website after Industry Day.
Note: Except for real-time changes during the event, any changes to times, dates, or locations will be posted to the CRS2 acquisition website. It is your responsibility to monitor the websites for release of any information regarding this acquisition and downloading your own copy of this information.
* CRS2 Website: Updated information concerning the acquisition and schedule can be viewed at the following website as it becomes available:
* NASA/JSC Business Opportunities Home Page
* NASA Acquisition Internet Service (NAIS)
* JSC Procurement Website
Attendance at the CRS2 Industry Day and One-on-One Session is recommended but not required, nor a pre-requisite for proposal submission, and will not be considered during the evaluation process. Attendance for the One-on-One sessions is limited (see below); there is no limit to the number of attendees attending the CRS2 Industry Day presentation at the Gilruth.
CRS2 INDUSTRY DAY ONLINE LYNC:
CRS2 Industry Day online Lync is open to firms that are interested in pursuing contracting opportunities on the CRS2 procurement. To be able to access the CRS2 WebEx Industry Day, please email either Omar Collier, Contracting Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Aneesah Vaughn, Contracting Officer at email@example.com. Your email must include the following:
1. Subject line: "CRS2 Lync Industry Day RSVP"
2. Company's name and address.
3. The company's Points of Contact (POCs) names, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
4. NASA intends to post all attendees in the interested parties list. If you wish not to be included on the list, you must indicate that your firm does not want to be included.
A confirmation email will be sent to acknowledge your reservation and provide further instructions on how to join the Lync meeting. Questions will be allowed at the end of the presentation.
To facilitate interactive communications with industry, NASA personnel will also be available for private meetings with individual companies in conjunction with Industry Day. The purpose of these meetings is to provide industry with the opportunity to better understand the existing requirements under the CRS1 contract and to allow industry an opportunity to provide input. The meetings are intended to be question and answer sessions in which neither side will be making a formal presentation.
Acceptable Topics for One-on-One Communications with Industry:
1. The general purpose of the announced procurement;
2. Any information about JSC that NASA has already made accessible to the public or is otherwise being made available to all potential offerors;
3. Historical information about the general nature or scope of prior contracts whose requirements will be addressed in whole or in part under a follow-on procurement;
4. Information that describes the federal procurement process as defined by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), NASA FAR Supplement (NFS), or other published procurement policy documents; and
5. Procurement specific information already published such as information contained in the acquisition forecast, Statement of Work (SOW), and pre-solicitation synopsis.
Unacceptable Topics for One-on-One Communications with Industry:
1. Proprietary or confidential business information of incumbent contractor(s) or other business entities;
2. Privacy Act protected information such as, incumbent contractor employees' personal data;
3. Trade Secrets Act protected information;
4. Speculation on what the Government might be looking for in proposals;
5. Different technical and management approaches;
6. Technical Efficiencies;
7. Any particular Government Emphasis; and
8. Incumbent's performance.
Any company may request a one-on-one meeting. One-on-one meetings can be either in person or via teleconference. Scheduling of appointment times will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. In order to ensure a 1-on-1 session, meetings requests must be sent before 3pm CST April 8, 2014. Appointments requested after that time will be accommodated only if there is time available on the schedule. Meeting length will be at least 30 minutes, but no longer than 45 minutes, depending on the number of meetings requested. An individual company or a group of businesses planning to team or subcontract may attend; however, any given party will be allowed only one meeting.
Your meeting time and room location, or phone number will be emailed to the listed point of contact by April 9, 2014. All meetings will be located in the Gilruth Center.
To schedule your appointment please contact either of the following individuals:
Omar Collier: by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aneesah Vaughn: by email: email@example.com
As you schedule your meeting please provide the following information to the above points of contact
1) Company Represented
2) Point of Contact
3) Point of Contact's phone number.
4) Point of Contact's e-mail address.
5) The names of all persons planning to attend and their affiliated company (limited to four).
6) Any specific disabilities that need to be accommodated.
NOTE: E-mail request(s):
Due to the potential volume of e-mail requests, as well as to distinguish the requests from all other e-mail, please annotate in the subject line indicating: "CRS2: Industry Request for One-on-One Meeting"
DIRECTIONS TO THE GILRUTH CENTER:
From I-45 South: Take the FM-2351/Friendswood/Clear Lake City Blvd exit. Turn Left onto Clear Lake City Blvd and proceed approximately 2.5 miles. Turn Right onto Space Center Blvd and proceed approximately 4.1 miles. Turn Right to the Johnson Space Center Gilruth Center at Gate 5. Park in the Gilruth Building parking lot. Enter through the Gilruth Center's Front Entry. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor and the door on the Left will be the entrance to the Rio Grande Room.
From I-45 North: Take the NASA Bypass exit. Merge onto the NASA Bypass/NASA Road 1 and proceed for approximately 4 miles. Turn Left onto Space Center Blvd and proceed 0.8 miles. Turn Left to the Johnson Space Center Gilruth Center at Gate 5. Park in the Gilruth Building Parking Lot. Enter through the Gilruth Center's Front Entry. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor and the door on the Left will be the entrance to the Rio Grande Room.
No solicitation exists; therefore, do not request a copy of the solicitation. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized in FedBizOpps and on the NASA Acquisition Internet Service (NAIS). It is the potential offeror's responsibility to monitor these sites for the release of any solicitation or synopsis.
Point of Contact
Name: Omar K. Collier
Title: Contract Specialist
Name: Aneesah K. Vaughn
Title: Contracting Officer