Category: Aeronautics and Astronautics
Event Format: Conference
Date: 14-17 October 2013
Location: The Westin Los Angeles Airport, Los Angeles, California US
Reinventing Space Conference Moved to October 14-17
It's Important to Attend--Strong Focus on Reducing Cost in the New Budget Reality
As most of you know, because of the continued uncertainty in the federal budget and the potential for major budget cuts, DoD has issued department-wide restrictions on most conferences and government travel in FY2012. As a result, it has become essentially impossible to hold the Reinventing Conference in May as we had intended. After extensive discussions with senior government personnel, who are very supportive of the conference, it was decided to move the conference to Oct. 14-17, 2013, just after the start of the new fiscal year.
Many conferences are being canceled this year. We decided to move RS2013, rather than cancel it, because the conference has become even more important to the community in this time of increasing fiscal constraints. As many government leaders expressed, there needs to be a forum where government and industry leaders can get together and discuss how to reduce both cost and schedule while maintaining the high level of mission utility that we have come to expect from American space missions and that our warfighters, scientists, and educators deserve. The Reinventing Space Conference is the only conference to focus exclusively on this topic and to directly address the critical issues facing our industry.
Here are some of the key elements that make RS2013 so important to attend:
* Talks by senior government and industry leaders addressing their perspective on the way ahead in the constrained budget environment. This may be the first gathering to discuss 2014 plans.
* Extensive opportunities for one-on-one discussions with government and industry leaders, international participants, and individuals with creative ideas and approaches to reducing cost and schedule
A full session and panel discussion on international cooperation as a means of reducing cost, with a particular emphasis on terrorist and environmental disaster monitoring.
* Seminar and Workshop on Reinventing Space -- Methods for Dramatically Reducing Space Mission Cost and Schedule
* Technical papers on critical topics, such as
- Ways to dramatically reduce space mission costs
- Tactical space systems
- New applications for low-cost space systems
- Reducing launch system cost and schedule
- Low-cost interplanetary missions
Both industry and government are faced with a broad new challenge and a new opportunity--creating better, more responsive, more robust space systems more quickly and for less money. How we respond to that opportunity and that challenge will likely define how well we will succeed over the coming decade in space. Come join the conversation. Help us collectively define the future of space. For further information, contact Julie Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-219-2700. James R. Wertz, General Chairman
13 - 16 May 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Venue: Westin Hotel LAX
Web Site Address: http://www.responsivespace.com/Conferences/RS2013/RS2013.asp