Illustration of China's Chang'e 3 lander and rover.
The Senate U.S. - China Economic and Security Review Commission held a hearing on February 18, 2015 on China's Space and Counterspace Programs. All of the testimony is now available along with the webcast.
Hearing Co-Chairs: Commissioner Jeffrey L. Fiedler and Senator James M. Talent
Co-Chairs' remarks: Commissioner Jeffrey L. Fiedler and Commissioner James M. Talent
Panel I: China's Civilian/Dual-Use and Military Space Programs
- Mr. Kevin Pollpeter, Deputy Director, Study of Innovation and Technology in China, Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation, University of California-San Diego, San Diego, CA (Testimony)
- Dr. Joan Johnson-Freese, Professor, National Security Studies, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, RI (Testimony)
- Mr. Dean Cheng, Senior Research Fellow, Asian Studies Center, The Heritage Foundation, Washington, DC (Testimony)
Panel II: Inputs to China's Space Program
- Dr. Alanna Krolikowski, Princeton-Harvard China and the World Fellow, Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (Testimony)
- Mr. Tate Nurkin, Managing Director of Research and Thought Leadership, Jane's IHS Aerospace, Defense and Security, Arlington, VA (Testimony)
- Mr. Mark Stokes, Executive Director, Project 2049 Institute, Arlington, VA (Testimony)
Panel III: Implications for the United States
- Mr. Richard D. Fisher, Jr., Senior Fellow, Asian Military Affairs, International Assessment and Strategy Center, Alexandria, VA (Testimony)
- Dr. Roger Handberg, Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL (Testimony)
- Dr. Phillip Saunders, Distinguished Research Fellow and Director, Center for the Study of Chinese Military Affairs, Institute for National Strategic Studies, National Defense University, Washington, DC (Testimony)